Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon EC2 Benchmarks With Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Phoronix: Amazon EC2 Benchmarks With Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Last year I published extensive benchmarks of Amazon's EC2 Compute Cloud but now with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS being available, here are new benchmarks highlighting Amazon's public cloud computing platform using all of the major instance types.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting. I'm running some Python-based Monte Carlo simulations at work, which are mainly CPU-bound. As the code is parallelised, I was looking at the Extra-CPU instances - it definitely looks like in terms of priceerformance for CPU-bottlenecked stuff, the c1.xlarge is the best one.

Comment

This is a very interesting benchmark. It would be even more interesting with one or two bare-metal setups as reference in the same graphs (a quad sandy or ivy bridge, for example). I do understand the amount of time i take to conduct theses kind of benchmarks, but I would imagine you would already have suitable benchmarks (such as: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...i7_3770k&num=1).

/Markus

Comment

seems slow compared to a 3930k (@4ghz)

comparing ec2 to a standalone pc:

3930k (@4ghz) is about 2-5 times faster than c1.xlarge
        OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by titanius View Post
          comparing ec2 to a standalone pc:

3930k (@4ghz) is about 2-5 times faster than c1.xlarge
          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SU-1207183SU29
          Thank you, very interesting.

Comment

And the same for an old Athlon X2 250:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Working...
            X