Valve's Gabe Newell Really Hates Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    You are answering it by yourself....in two more years ARM will be as good or better.
    why better? time to market on arm you wait 2 years for nothing and then you don't get a better product.

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    ....and to make a console *now* based on MIPS to last only two years it sounds like a waste of resources.
    Wait 2 years and do nothing is a waste of time and start a 32bit console is a waste of time.

This is assuming that console will be launched *now*.....that might not be correct....might be in 2013 witch makes it even closer to 2014.
    Time to market in your world they wait for 2014 and xbox and playstation get a new big bang in 2013 time to market you "LOSE"
    The only way to compete is go 64bit RIGHT NOW this means ARM is out of the race.
    ARM is only useful for the mobile-market.

OTOH, make a new next gen console *right now* would give an head-start in comparison to XBox720/PS4....but it should already use the arch that is better in the perceived long run....
    Even if ARM gets 64bit instantly its still worst than "Loongson" for a console.
    "long run" loongson is also better on the long run because of the big investment of the Chinese people.

Comment

• Originally posted by maldorordiscord View Post
      Even if ARM gets 64bit instantly its still worst than "Loongson" for a console.
      "long run" loongson is also better on the long run because of the big investment of the Chinese people.
      OK i searched the net about more indeep as possible details about the Loongson and i have to agree with you....it's a very nice chip, GFLOPS capacity is interesting compared with the CPUs of XBox360 and PS3....and 64bit *NOW*.

The Loomgson seems to be made by a reputable Italo-Frenh company...i know them from many years and one of my hobbies.

So, yeah, SteamBOX with a Loongson seems perfectly adequate.
      Last edited by AJSB; 28 July 2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJSB View Post
        OK i searched the net about more indeep as possible details about the Loongson and i have to agree with you....it's a very nice chip, GFLOPS capacity is interesting compared with the CPUs of XBox360 and PS3....and 64bit *NOW*.

The Loomgson seems to be made by a reputable Italo-Frenh company...i know them from many years and one of my hobbies.

So, yeah, SteamBOX with a Loongson seems perfectly adequate.
        wow... a "agree" awesome.

I did not think that there come insight but you get the turnaround

Comment

• I'm gonna put it here just 4 fun
          I'm sorry Bill, but I'm afraid I can't let You do that

Comment

• Originally posted by maldorordiscord View Post
            wow... a "agree" awesome.

I did not think that there come insight but you get the turnaround

Actually i agreed with the console also in 1st place

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtGarcia View Post
              I'm gonna put it here just 4 fun
              ROFLMAO !!!

Actually, we are not sorry at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Try this:

Introduction Sometimes, during a pentest, you have access to a certain system user's password, can actually successfully login on the sys...

Seems to use only LD_PRELOAD.
                Not so simple. You must do it on your computer your self. And also not working.

Comment

• You only need user access, and it definitely worked in my test. Why would you think it does not work remotely?

Comment

• It works. But you can defend yourself with AppAmor and Px or Ux modes. This clears the environment before executing the program.

see:

Comment

• Markus "Notch" Persson ( creator of Minecraft ) joins Gabe Newell & Rob Pardo
                      Markus "Notch" Persson, the creator of Minecraft and founder of Mojang, has echoed Valve and Blizzard on the negative r…

Comment

Working...
                      X