RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets New State Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
    MIT is freer then GPL, GPL is a virus that infect everything it touchs creating artificial restrictions. Its a shitty liscense if the idea is freedom as in speech, it is more restrictive. MIT is closer to public commons, which is close to as free as it gets.
    Trollish cat is trollish.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      Working PM code? I assume this means usable dynpm? It's already there and just stuck in legal limbo?

AAaaaaaargh!!!!
      Well, it's only been stuck in limbo for a couple of weeks...

... and it's technical review limbo, not legal limbo, but everyone knows that by now right ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Well, it's only been stuck in limbo for a couple of weeks...
        OK, that makes me happier

What would make me even happier would be a very short duration of the said limbo.

... and it's technical review limbo, not legal limbo, but everyone knows that by now right ?
        Yes, but it's about protecting IP and trade secrets in the end anyway, so it comes down to the same thing for an outside observer

Comment

Not sure you really mean that. A very short duration usually means we didn't get approval and couldn't identify quick changes which would allow approval.
          Test signature

Comment

Not sure you really mean that. A very short duration usually means we didn't get approval and couldn't identify quick changes which would allow approval.
            Any chance sending beer to AMD offices could make this happen faster

Also on a serious note is this code that you are going to release (when you get approval) on par with whats in the blob??

Comment

bridgman, can you provide more details about the PM code? Which PM features are covered, and is there a chance it'll be released shortly?

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                bridgman, can you provide more details about the PM code? Which PM features are covered, and is there a chance it'll be released shortly?
                I can't go into detail at this point, but the goal is to give decent dynamic PM and crank up the clocks on APUs. Speculating on release timing is just that -- could be soon, could be a long time, could be never. I think never is unlikely though.

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                Any chance sending beer to AMD offices could make this happen faster
                Sending beer to the folks on vacation would probably be more helpful.
                Test signature

Comment

I can't go into detail at this point, but the goal is to give decent dynamic PM and crank up the clocks on APUs. Speculating on release timing is just that -- could be soon, could be a long time, could be never. I think never is unlikely though.
                  So still no progress on clock gating and the like? Well, depends on the definition of dynamic PM.

Comment

There's no simple answer for that question. Lots of work and progress but that doesn't necessarily mean releasable.
                    Test signature

Comment

Can you give some insight on why PM in particular is so hairy? Surely there's not some company out there licensing power management algorithms?

Comment

Working...
                      X