Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA's OpenChrome 0.3.0: "A Major Step Forward"

Phoronix: VIA's OpenChrome 0.3.0: "A Major Step Forward"

The xf86-video-openchrome DDX driver has been updated today with a version 0.3.0. Xavier Bachelot from the OpenChrome camp describes this release as "a major step forward for the openchrome X.org driver."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last I used a laptop with a integrated Via Chrome IGP the mouse cursor would have a flicking square. Making it unusable.

I would never buy from Via again.
    If I see a computer with graphics from Via, I'll run in the opposite direction!

Comment

But if one already has a few of these chips... I'm glad to see somebody still supporting them. Even though I would avoid buying new VIA hardware.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        If I see a computer with graphics from Via, I'll run in the opposite direction!
        I think you won't be doing much running then...

Comment

I still se a fair number of VIA Chrom and SIS cards around school labs.

Comment

Moreover iirc the OLPC uses VIA chips in the newer generations.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

The XO-1.5 has a VIA C7 witch seams to have a Chrom 9 GPU. It will be replaced by the XO-1.75 with an ARM based system.

Comment

Working...
              X