Qt 5.0 Beta Likely Coming In Early August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    That is legally impossible. Most new features need to be integrated into Qt proper, since they will involve modifications to the existing code. This is why pretty much all of Digia's work is part of the open-source Qt release.

If you are really concerned about a single add-on for Qt being proprietary, keep in mind there are easily dozens, if not hundreds, of open-source add-ons for Qt. Even if you exclude KDE, which is responsible for most of them, and dozens of add-ons released by Qt directly, you still have things like qwt, pyside, pyqt4, and many other independent, open-source add-ons for Qt. So one add-on being closed source is hardly a significant fraction.
    Well, that depends on the POV: for me, python extensions are of zero value, while proper charting in the toolkit would come useful often.

Anyway, let's see how the story unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Well, that depends on the POV: for me, python extensions are of zero value, while proper charting in the toolkit would come useful often.
      That is why we have calligra. As I said, the vast majority of development on Qt add-ons is happening in the KDE community. I was just pointing out a few additional projects that are not affiliated with KDE in any way.

Comment

Working...
      X