Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Valve On Linux, Has LGP Lost All Relevance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To compare LGP and Ryan Gordon, think of it like this, LGP is paying for the privilege of doing Linux ports for companies while Ryan Gordon is being payed by companies to port their games to Linux and/or Mac OSX. That is a huge difference right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
      So titles where LGP did the Linux version will likely not be SteamPlay titles if they appear on Steam at all.
      There are other problems with Steam for Linux:

"And no, Valve will not let us release Postal 2 on Steam, sadly."

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post

http://www.desura.com/games/postal-2...k-be-on-desura
        That's odd, they accepted postal 3 but not 2?

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
          That's odd, they accepted postal 3 but not 2?
          Yes.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10220/

Comment

Originally posted by eriktorbjorn View Post
            What little I've seen of Left 4 Dead 2 looked really, really boring to me. (That has nothing to do with the quality of the game, it's just a genre that doesn't appeal to me.) Actually, looking at the Valve Corporation catalog of games, the only one that really interest me are the Portal games. Though I've heard good things about Half Life, so I'll try to keep an open mind about them at least.

(And yes, I realize I'm probably in the minority here, of a group that's already a minority.)
            Hmm, I'm actually in pretty much the same boat here. I can't stand watching TF2 and L4Ds, they bore me to no end. And I can't even tell why. I usually don't get bored while watching any other games, and I like FPS games. The only other game that bores me like that is League of Legends... And yes, Portal and Half Life sound interesting to me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              Games have no relevance, hence game companies (any) also have no relevance.
              unfortunatly true.
              linux/gnu is mostly used for work , u can have a few game here and there but as a
              gaming platform its irelevant.

you can learn howto make them by yourself, everething there : compiler / api ,,,, well its enougth

Comment

Originally posted by float4 View Post
                unfortunatly true.
                linux/gnu is mostly used for work , u can have a few game here and there but as a
                gaming platform its irelevant.
                This is a joke?
                Last edited by gbudny; 19 July 2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post

http://www.desura.com/games/postal-2...k-be-on-desura
                  Yes, I do agree that this is a problem. Still, because of this is why we got treated so well by RWS on Desura.

Comment

The "no Postal 2 on Steam" thing has nothing to do with Linux at all. I'm not even sure why this qualifies as "problems with Steam on Linux".

Valve have a right choose what they want to sell on their platform, for whatever reasons they want. In this case I am guessing it's due to the tasteless nature of the game in question.

As a consumer you are not locked in to a single vendor. If Steam does not offer something you want, then buy it direct or from Desura, or wherever else it's available.

If your local butcher does not sell kosher/halaal/free range/pure organic/other specialty meat, then go to another butcher, yaknow?

Comment

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
                      In this case I am guessing it's due to the tasteless nature of the game in question.
                      Except that they allowed Postal 3... so... what?

Comment

Working...
                      X