Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Round Of 27 X.Org Graphics Driver Updates

Phoronix: A Round Of 27 X.Org Graphics Driver Updates

David Airlie has published another round of X.Org graphics driver updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is the NV driver even there still, Nvidia doesn't support it any more and we have Nouveau now. Does it still work for some cards that there is no other open drivers for?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      Why is the NV driver even there still, Nvidia doesn't support it any more and we have Nouveau now. Does it still work for some cards that there is no other open drivers for?
      Nouveau is a Linux thing. It's likely that the BSDs will need NV around for some time as a fallback for anyone not using proprietary Nvidia.

Comment

Oh I thought that old versions of Nouveau would have BSD/Solaris/whatnot support with versions that supported UMS.

Comment

Trident, Tseng, ... Chips (this chipsnchips stuff?) OMG, my childhood is coming back. Didn't read a lot of these names for a long on my screen. God, these days with a 14" CRT attached to a 386 or something.
          But great to see that the stuff still works.
          It's also refreshing to see airlied suddenly emerging and slapping a lot of new/updated driver stuff around your ears.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
          X