No announcement yet.

AMD Phenom 9500 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... anyone know when it will be possible to get some linux benchmarking comparisons with other quad-core processors? ;-)

Comment

Anyone know if there are any AM2+ motherboards with built-in video?

I dont really need fancy video on a linux server and using a card wastes space on a rackmount.

Comment

I imagine most or all of the RS780 motherboards will be AM2+, but I don't know of any AM2+ mobos available today with integrated graphics.
        Test signature

Comment

I hope we will see more benching soon, it's good that this site does linux specific benchmarking, in fact I love it! On linuxhardware.org it could also be seen that 64bit code runs quite well on the Phenom.

Comment

Originally posted by Baraclese View Post
            I hope we will see more benching soon, it's good that this site does linux specific benchmarking, in fact I love it! On linuxhardware.org it could also be seen that 64bit code runs quite well on the Phenom.
            Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find phenom-related stuff on linuxhardware.org

Comment

Originally posted by rkleemann View Post
              Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find phenom-related stuff on linuxhardware.org

Right, there is none at LH.o on Phenom (http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.../11/20/0741246)
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Right, there is none at LH.o on Phenom (http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.../11/20/0741246)
                The post above mentions that LH.org talks about 64bit code on phenom. I couldn't find that.

Comment

I havent seen any Motherboard manufacturer announce a RS780-based board yet. I'm guessing they might be waiting for SB700. Also while some 770 boards have been announced here in greece i've only been able to find the Asus M3A(does not have integrated graphics) board

Comment

You are right I misremembered that. It was this bench c2d vs athlon64 x2 that I meant

there's no Phenom in there though. Results are mixed too, but I'd like to see the same 32bit vs 64bit benchmark being done for Phenom since AMD has stated that 64bit code is the way to go if you want maximum performance.

Comment

You are right I misremembered that. It was this bench c2d vs athlon64 x2 that I meant

there's no Phenom in there though. Results are mixed too, but I'd like to see the same 32bit vs 64bit benchmark being done for Phenom since AMD has stated that 64bit code is the way to go if you want maximum performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X