Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame-Buffer Log Driver Wants To Go Mainline

Phoronix: Frame-Buffer Log Driver Wants To Go Mainline

The FBLOG driver, which is a kernel frame-buffer driver just for displaying logs from the Linux kernel, continues to be revised and the code's author wants to push the driver into the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Opinion?

What does the Linux kernel virtual terminal / console maintainer think about this?

What does Linus Torvalds think about this?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      What does the Linux kernel virtual terminal / console maintainer think about this?
      That would be presupposing that it has a maintainer. Linus wrote it 20 years ago and AFAIK it's scarcely been touched since then except for minor bug fixes and janitorial changes. It's a text-mode emulator of a 30-year-old terminal; not exactly something that requires a dedicated cerebrum to watch over it. The attitude seems to be that if you're qualified to find a bug in it, you're qualified to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
        That would be presupposing that it has a maintainer. Linus wrote it 20 years ago and AFAIK it's scarcely been touched since then except for minor bug fixes and janitorial changes. It's a text-mode emulator of a 30-year-old terminal; not exactly something that requires a dedicated cerebrum to watch over it. The attitude seems to be that if you're qualified to find a bug in it, you're qualified to fix it.
        Oh, well I wonder what Linus thinks about it then. I thought it had a maintainer, but what do I know.

I wonder what VT version the Linux terminal supports. The latest version was VT525 released in 1994. 18 years ago.

Comment

How many colours does it support?

Comment

Working...
          X