Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 3.5-rc7 Kernel: Not Cool, Guys. Not Cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.5-rc7 Kernel: Not Cool, Guys. Not Cool.

Phoronix: Linux 3.5-rc7 Kernel: Not Cool, Guys. Not Cool.

Linus Torvalds released the Linux 3.5-rc7 kernel on Saturday afternoon and he's not too happy about it...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I believe he'll get over it

Comment

everyone should start releasing giant patch bombs as late as possible to troll linus and give us some epic mailing list flamewars to read.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
        everyone should start releasing giant patch bombs as late as possible to troll linus and give us some epic mailing list flamewars to read.
        If our main goal is to produce that flame wars ... this should be done. Because the kernel developers really have skill at that. But actually I'd rater exploit ther programming skills more.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
          I support that. Bonus points if the patches are a lot but tiny and create more breakage and mayhem.

Comment

Up to 3.5rc6 suspend to disk worked with my netbook (atom n270, gme 945, 32 bit), 3.5rc7 broke it. Most likely too many intel gfx patches... stupid regressions.

Comment

Micheal, where is the link the ML. If you are gonna do news articles that are just Mailing list messages at least link to the message so we can see the responses.

Comment

Poor Linus...he's getting crapped on yet again or is he crapping on the devs for putting out huge patches?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragas View Post
                  If our main goal is to produce that flame wars ... this should be done. Because the kernel developers really have skill at that. But actually I'd rater exploit ther programming skills more.
                  nothing like spicing things up when they get rather dull and humdrum

Comment

I lol'ed at the discovery made in the talks of moving Microsofts hyper-v code out of staging, apparently they found the following constant:

#define HV_LINUX_GUEST_ID_HI 0xB16B00B5

I guess some guy at Microsoft hadn't been getting any for quite some time

Comment

Working...
                    X