Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entangle: Controlling Your DSLR Camera From Linux

Phoronix: Entangle: Controlling Your DSLR Camera From Linux

Entangle is an open-source program that allows for "tethered shooting" from Linux with digital SLR camera. A major update to Entangle last weekend introduces new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice! IIRC this was also possible to do with Digikam, but it didn't work very well with my Canon camera at that time. Just for the record, the official software bundled with the camera that (obviously) was windows only also didn't work

Comment

I am in the same boat as you. I will make sure my next camera is supported as I would really like to use it for time laps shots.

Comment

looks very useful.

A few years ago I was taking photobooth style pics at a party and wanted the pictures to go straight up on a screen. (camera controlled from the camera, but tethered over usb). had to write a custom script using gphoto, to pull the pictures over the usb as they were taken, then resize them with image magick, ans stick them into an html page that was displayed in epiphany (which refreshes local pages when the file is updated). it worked great, but having a pre-made solution would have been nice.

Comment

I have never heard of Entangle. I have always used tethered mode in Darktable. I will have to give this try.

Comment

Working...
          X