Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The OpenGL Support State For Mesa 8.1

Default The OpenGL Support State For Mesa 8.1

Phoronix: The OpenGL Support State For Mesa 8.1

Mesa 8.1 is set to be released in August as a major six-month update to this important open-source user-space graphics driver stack. Here's a look at the OpenGL support level...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTEzODg

I do like seeing that OpenGL 3.3 is mostly completed already. Yes, we still need to get the 3.1/3.2 features completed, but it should hopefully be fairly easy to get 3.3 after 3.2 is finished.

Can you imagine? Once mesa would be feature complete to the spec! Lots to do still, I know, but still. Once we're feature ... performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    I do like seeing that OpenGL 3.3 is mostly completed already. Yes, we still need to get the 3.1/3.2 features completed, but it should hopefully be fairly easy to get 3.3 after 3.2 is finished.
    Yeah :) We might not bother to ship 3.2...or it'll at least be the shortest release ever...since once we have that, we'll basically jump straight to 3.3.

At this point 3.1 is just UBOs (in progress) and the forward compatible context support.

Cool indeed!

So, where's all the the games with 3.x or 4.x requirements? The only ones I can come up with are Brink, Rage and Serious Sam 3 and all of them obviously requires Wine.

Am I the only person who read that as OpenGL 3.x is now 95% complete, and OpenGL 4 is at least 15-25% completed?

Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    ST3C by default please.
    Build your own or be ready to pay freedesktop's legal fees when they get patent trolled

Quote Originally Posted by DMJC View Post
    Am I the only person who read that as OpenGL 3.x is now 95% complete, and OpenGL 4 is at least 15-25% completed?
    It seems so, but actually GLSL seems to be a bigger job than the other extensions - and for GL 3.2 and 4.x the GLSL work is not yet started. I'm not an expert however.

What ever happened to the float textures patent issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    Build your own or be ready to pay freedesktop's legal fees when they get patent trolled
    Didn't Apple invalidate the patent when HTC tried to sue them?

And isn't HTC a member of some linux patent group which would keep them from suing?

The floating-point support is still a problem.