X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too long, too boring... canceled on 30% of it

Comment

Wrong headline

Michael, could you please change the headline to.

"It's Time For A New IDG Survey"

Because simply it is NOT a phoronix survey and surely it's not headed towards phoronix users. I'm not anti-commercial. But I don't like to be fooled in the first place.

iPad. Very funny.

Comment

I was surprised the same. The first question 'how did you get here' I proudly entered, via phornix of course, then I realized it was about phoronix sorta. Also quite not the right survey for their audience.

Btw, uppon reading the headline, I thought it was time for those linux grahpics surveys we get every summer! I was a little dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
          I was surprised the same. The first question 'how did you get here' I proudly entered, via phornix of course, then I realized it was about phoronix sorta. Also quite not the right survey for their audience.

Btw, uppon reading the headline, I thought it was time for those linux grahpics surveys we get every summer! I was a little dissapointed.
          Jupp, I would like to see:
          1. Linux graphics survey
          2. Linux/BSD/*nix FS survey
          3. Linux Desktop survey

Comment

Confused after the first three questions, I quit. Apparently, I didn't miss much either. There are enough firefox plugins out there so that I get exactly the ads I want. That means no flash, no intellitext (latest FF/Seamonkey builds have push to start plugins, so I can remove flashblock now). I can live with the rest.

Comment

Shared information found on the site (article, ad, video) with others
              Who the hell shares ads?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                Who the hell shares ads?
                Maybe they mean movie trailers? Are those ads? I'm pretty sure I sent a few people the Thai trailer for the movie "Ong-Bak" just because it was damn awesome. The movie doesn't disappoint if you want a brain off combat film where the story doesn't have to make allot of sense.

Comment

Over here the dominant movie listing site shows ads before trailers (because they can). Which suggests that by the time you spend your attention voluntarily, the marketing people find that willing victims are no fun and they will try to distract you with something else.

Comment

Wtf is that? As other people I've got enough by few first questions. Is it about Phoronix or IDG? There was no link to IDG site to get answers about site. I have quickly googled for IDG TechNetwork and the site found (www.idgtechnetwork.com), althrough having the same logo, didn't have anything besides two big flash objects without any useful info. Yuck! I would choose a lot different answers than those available on survey, especially in 'Please rate this site?s capability to deliver the following content/experiences' step.

Comment

The questions seem completely irrelevant to me and some are not possible to answer accuratly. No questions about Linux, Android, Ouya, Source Code. I'm gambling I can install Linux on the iPoo. Why do they always say "PC" and "Mac", its dishonest! They should say "Windows" and "OS X"

It reminds me of those stupid personality tests on job applications
                      When did you stop beating you wife? (circle one) 1998 1999 2000
                      Last edited by zerothis; 12 July 2012, 10:19 AM. Reason: addition thought

Comment

Working...
                      X