Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Loses One Of Their Linux Driver Developers

Phoronix: Intel Loses One Of Their Linux Driver Developers

Several Phoronix readers have written in that Eugeni Dodonov, a former Mandriva developer who since last year has been working for the Intel Open-Source Technology Center on their Linux graphics driver, lost his life this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a truly sad news.
    My deepest condolences to his family.

Comment

Youch, the guy must have had a death wish bicycling on the roads in Brazil. It's of the most dangerous places for driving on the planet.

Comment

That is very sad to hear. For all of his family, friends, and co-workers, you have my condolences.

Comment

i dont know about you, but i think that the headline is misplaced...
          most of the community may have known him as "AN intel developer" but thats how i think one should address a man who died: a lost developer. thats almost zynical.
          "Intel developer dies" would be "better" - its just not like he quit because he had better things to do.
          or "intel loses dev - forever" maybe even that...
          Last edited by jakubo; 09 July 2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

This is so sad. I interacted with him in this forum a couple of times, he seemed like a really nice guy. As an avid cyclist myself, I've had my share of accidents, including hit by a car once. Thank god, never with such severe consequences.

R.I.P.

Comment

Damn it. This is a great loss for Intel and I'm sure for the greater Linux community in general. May Mr. Dodonov rest in peace.

Comment

This is a very sad news
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

OMG!! He was awesome, especially in his interactions with the community.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

It's really sad to hear that. I did not know him much, just a few posts here and he was in the #intel-gfx channel as well i think. Did not know that he was so young. Really a sad year, a few weeks ago a Kanotix user/supporter died as well and was not even 40. R. I. P.

Comment

Working...
                    X