Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Coming For FreeBSD 10

Phoronix: Features Coming For FreeBSD 10

Here's a look at some of the planned features that are being worked on for the FreeBSD 10 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubber audio daemon

Comment

I tried freebsd last week but i didn't found any real advantages over linux . It just feels and acts like an outdated and less supported linux

Comment

llvm/clang? apple thunderbird support? they should just switch to the mach kernel and get over with, because this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

FreeBSD X Mountain Daemon... xD

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
            I tried freebsd last week but i didn't found any real advantages over linux . It just feels and acts like an outdated and less supported linux
            Yeah, BSD is pathetic and unneeded. Linux compared to BSD progresses faster, has a huge user & developer market-share.

BSD had a chance back in the 1990's but it just didn't happen, but it won't go away either, like DOS and OS/2.

Comment

It's just Thunderbolt, not Apple Thunderbolt.
              Thunderbolt was jointly developed by Apple and Intel and first introduced on Apple computers.
              But its name is just Thunderbolt, not Apple Thunderbolt.
              Please use proper and vendor-neutral names.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Yeah, BSD is pathetic and unneeded. Linux compared to BSD progresses faster, has a huge user & developer market-share.

BSD had a chance back in the 1990's but it just didn't happen, but it won't go away either, like DOS and OS/2.
                Go to netcraft.com and take a look at the most reliable hosting companies since january 2011. In 10 out of the last 18 months, there is a company using FreeBSD that is better ranked (more reliable) than the companies using Linux; 8 times Linux is a winner. This is just how pathetic FreeBSD is...
                This undoubtly proves that FreeBSD is at least as stable as Linux. Considering the manpower behind Linux which FreeBSD lacks, I would say FreeBSD is anything but pathetic.

Comment

for good or bad freebsd will be pushed to the margins at time goes on. it will be typecasted as a web server OS that is worthless as for almost anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                    Go to netcraft.com and take a look at the most reliable hosting companies since january 2011. In 10 out of the last 18 months, there is a company using FreeBSD that is better ranked (more reliable) than the companies using Linux; 8 times Linux is a winner. This is just how pathetic FreeBSD is...
                    This undoubtly proves that FreeBSD is at least as stable as Linux. Considering the manpower behind Linux which FreeBSD lacks, I would say FreeBSD is anything but pathetic.
                    No, FreeBSD is pathetic. Cherry picking sources & stat ranks is one of the most pathetic ways to prove anything. If that hurts your feelings about BSD that's your problem. I still see people talking about how good/wonderful Solaris is just because of a few marginally used features, like containers. There should be OS/2 or DOS features that don't exist in Linux, or that work better, but that doesn't prove anything.

And oh, if you wanna "get the facts" and "read stats" go to Microsoft's site, they're also into that kind of arguments like yours. (Un)Surprisingly they think window$ is better than both Linux and BSD, also based on facts, stats and ranks.

Comment

Working...
                    X