Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!!!

God job!
    I am an openGL newbie and need your help.
    svPerfGL (http://vis.lbl.gov/Research/svPerfGL/) is a Scientific Visualization OpenGL Graphics Benchmark using deprecated technique such as
    display list. I altered the source. After stored the vertexes, normals and colors in VBOs, I found the FPS descend from 210 (use display list)
    to 120 (did not use display list) with newest AMD catalyst. Here is the readeontop result:

1. display list

2,no display list

The two results are almost the same but differ in event engine and pf_rq_pending. I wonder what event engine and pf_rq_pending mean? By the way,
    I add cf_rq_pending, pf_rq_pending, cp_coherency_busy, cp_busy all by myself, but do not know what they stand for. Can anybody give me a hand?
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by amdg View Post
      God job!
      I am an openGL newbie and need your help.
      svPerfGL (http://vis.lbl.gov/Research/svPerfGL/) is a Scientific Visualization OpenGL Graphics Benchmark using deprecated technique such as
      display list. I altered the source. After stored the vertexes, normals and colors in VBOs, I found the FPS descend from 210 (use display list)
      to 120 (did not use display list) with newest AMD catalyst. Here is the readeontop result:

1. display list
      Code:
      http://d.pcs.baidu.com/thumbnail/6a7405ad18e20611c00f78d80a6fd605?fid=3542278631-250528-286301998249742&time=1409101200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-wmlUZHwRuW%2F8eG4UVWCmEJymRtk%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=620937299&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100
      2,no display list
      Code:
      http://d.pcs.baidu.com/thumbnail/7dd19141ca5cba4d3d0c54e44c89756d?fid=3542278631-250528-1020966106899491&time=1409101200&sign=FDTAER-DCb740ccc5511e5e8fedcff06b081203-wZDNK5O%2BkLniBgIFsiz4FjYM5h4%3D&rt=sh&expires=2h&r=211544109&sharesign=unknown&size=c710_u500&quality=100
      The two results are almost the same but differ in event engine and pf_rq_pending. I wonder what event engine and pf_rq_pending mean? By the way,
      I add cf_rq_pending, pf_rq_pending, cp_coherency_busy, cp_busy all by myself, but do not know what they stand for. Can anybody give me a hand?
      Thanks!
      I hate to tell you this, but I think you're a forum newbie. You just tried to attach images that were really just links (that expire) to a pages with the images.

Originally posted by amdg View Post
      God job!
      Also, what the heck? I think you meant, "Good day!"
      Last edited by profoundWHALE; 27 August 2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Has anyone tried the radeontop package from Ubuntu 14.04 ? When I install the package it doesn't work (see first image) but if I build from source it works fine. Obvious difference is that version information is "unknown" on the package install.

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Has anyone tried the radeontop package from Ubuntu 14.04 ? When I install the package it doesn't work (see first image) but if I build from source it works fine. Obvious difference is that version information is "unknown" on the package install.

CI parts use a different BAR for MMIO. Older versions of the tool were not aware of that. I've been meaning to add a debugfs or ioctl interface to query these registers so you won't have to add as much asic specific info to the tools.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            CI parts use a different BAR for MMIO. Older versions of the tool were not aware of that. I've been meaning to add a debugfs or ioctl interface to query these registers so you won't have to add as much asic specific info to the tools.
            Whoops, you're right -- CI support went into radeontop just *after* 14.04 was baked. I saw the missing version info and was thinking "broken" not "old". Thanks !
            Test signature

Comment

Guys, I've gotten multiple requests for 285/tonga but can't do anything until there is support in libdrm and kernel. Any news, will it be released this year? :P

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Guys, I've gotten multiple requests for 285/tonga but can't do anything until there is support in libdrm and kernel. Any news, will it be released this year? :P
                There's a lot of work going on to finish the IP reviews and get final approval for public release, hopefully in the next couple of weeks but there's not much useful that we can say in the meantime...

... although I can say with confidence that it will be released this year

If it makes you feel any better, the HSA team is in the same boat as you -- we need to decide whether to strip Carrizo support out of the next HSA stack release since it depends on amdgpu, and since nearly all of the hardware-specific code in the KFD was moved across to the radeon and amdgpu graphics drivers over the last 6 months.
                Last edited by bridgman; 20 February 2015, 04:34 PM.
                Test signature

Comment

Everyone with Tonga, Topaz, or Carrizo gpu, please test master. Support was added but I have no such hw. When reported working I can release 0.9.

Comment

v0.9 tagged. Release highlights: Fresh PCI IDs for Mullins, Tonga, Carrizo, Topaz, support for all cards >= bonaire, avoids interfering with X if started before it, small UI tweaks, and support for the new kernel interface in 4.1 which may allow running without root permissions.

Comment

Curaga, if you're still here - is running without X supported? I'm getting all-zeroes on HD8400 (Athlon 5350 APU, Kabini) with latest git on Ubuntu 14.04 (kernel 3.16, libdrm 2.4.60, fglrx-core from repository 15.200).

Comment

Working...
                      X