Announcing radeontop, a tool for viewing the GPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing radeontop, a tool for viewing the GPU usage

While the performance counters are still undocumented, at least some monitoring is possible.

Announcing radeontop v0.5.1. An userspace tool for the open Radeon drivers, supporting R600 and up.

Comments, bug reports, translations welcome. Package it for your distro if you like
    I'll be setting up launchpad translations if this proves popular.

Download:
    Contribute to clbr/radeontop development by creating an account on GitHub.

Coolcoolcool! I've been waiting for something like this!

Minor nitpick, on my system make didn't generate version.h, I had to run getver.sh manually:
    radeontop.h:22:21: fatal error: version.h: No such file or directory

I also see that my vertex cache reports 100% usage all the time, not sure what's up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      I also see that my vertex cache reports 100% usage all the time, not sure what's up with that.
      Just a wild guess, but IIRC some of the low end parts didn't have a vertex cache and so vertex fetches went through the texture cache.
      Test signature

Comment

?!?

Good morning
        Great tool, does that look healthy?

I had problems with getvers.sh btw... for some reason version.h wasn't created, had to do it manually.

//edit: running
        Code:
        % sh getvers.sh
        works as well
        Last edited by disi; 08 July 2012, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I've pushed 0.5.2 which should fix the build issue w/ version.h.

As for the vertex cache, it seems the bit changed meaning starting with Evergreen, ie you can only see the vertex cache usage on r600 and r700. I'll fix that soon.

Comment

Removed the VC display, seems it was only valid for r600 if even that. The TC may be wrong too, but hey, working off contradicting docs here

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Removed the VC display, seems it was only valid for r600 if even that. The TC may be wrong too, but hey, working off contradicting docs here
              Hehe, since S.I. were completely reworked I am wondering, works on N.I. though

Comment

r600_demo claims a bunch of other bits are r600-only, so marked them as such.

BTW: glxgears only keeps my GPU 70% busy, despite spinning at ~1200fps. Heavier loads do get it to 100%. Clearly a deficiency in the stack

Comment

Very cool work!

Comment

Nice job, been wanting this... (though ideally over debugfs/sysfs...) Is there a dump command so it would dump all of the stats and quit? That way PTS could auto-parse this data while running benchmarks
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X