AMD Releases New Catalyst Linux Legacy Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    echo -n d164ca3e4bda6f7683e01cdf18df15c3:e94afc067af75f4fb2d12eeb79f225fae351fa0608f72e22cac029ed28ed21f7:b45dfe5f2db95f40b4817ae82db921a5b356ae0f79bf0a14b4d97aed2aea73a2b457ff0f2dbb5f40b3d87ae82aba27f1b205a90e79e30a12b1d879bb2aee73f4 > /etc/ati/signature

Comment

How stupid. Such a big company as AMD/ATI and they put a transparent image on your screen. Why not put a warning in the control centre, rather then mes sup someone's screen if they're forced to use the beta drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        Code:
        sudo amdconfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1
        How is this "official support"? Remember, official support means a message in the control panel, it means a user doesn't need to inform themselves before diving it.

scnr

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          How is this "official support"? Remember, official support means a message in the control panel, it means a user doesn't need to inform themselves before diving it.

scnr
          Sounds like one of my tutors We need mooooore buttons!!!

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
            Sounds like one of my tutors We need mooooore buttons!!!
            Having a CL-interface only is not the problem IMHO. It's more like "is it documented or not?".
            Is it? If not, it is obviously not supported officially and hints "very bad things may happen".
            Or worse "don't expect us to fix this in a _legacy_ release".

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
              How stupid. Such a big company as AMD/ATI and they put a transparent image on your screen. Why not put a warning in the control centre, rather then mes sup someone's screen if they're forced to use the beta drivers.
              "Mess up the screen"? "Forced to use the beta drivers"? What?!?

Comment

When you forget the bad 12-6 drivers, then this one is at least in two points better:

a) no libpciaccess bug
                b) kernel 3.4 support (not 3.5), but only tested 64 bit right now

some things i would do for packaging:

a) use control file from 12-4 driver as pci-ids are identical
                b) add a signature
                c) patch amdpcsdb.default to enable

HWUVD_H264Level51Support=V1

d) update xvba-va-driver with h264 l5.1 support patch

maybe somebody could post a patch for kernel 3.5 support, thats what i still need...

Comment

I've playing Diablo on my Lenovo W500 (with a Radeon HD 3650 and Catalyst 12.4 driver). After installing this driver the system hangs after logging in to the game and I must do a hard reset. I'll do more testing later to make sure the problem persists, but the only change was that I installed the new drivers. For this reason (and the dumb screen overlay) I'll very likely be reverting to the old driver version.

Comment

just save /etc/ati/control + signature and copy it back later.

Comment

Moved to the open driver a long time ago. Use it 24/7 now. Could not care less about "legacy" drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X