Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New RandR Should Come To X Server 1.13

Phoronix: The New RandR Should Come To X Server 1.13

Keith Packard is pushing back the closing of the X.Org Server 1.13 merge window to next week in order to allow the new RandR patches to land, which is needed for the GPU hot-plugging support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! Does this also help when using randr to deal with monitors attached to multiple gpus (where you currently have to use xinerama or multiple x screens)? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kbios View Post
      Great! Does this also help when using randr to deal with monitors attached to multiple gpus (where you currently have to use xinerama or multiple x screens)? Thanks
      I don't think that's implemented yet, but this at least prepares for dumping xinerama in future.

Comment

It means you don't have to have all gpus pluged in at boot.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          It means you don't have to have all gpus pluged in at boot.
          Right, but there's more. Airlied is also working on GPU offloading: rendering on one gpu, displaying on another one. I.e. making Bumblebee redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
            I don't think that's implemented yet, but this at least prepares for dumping xinerama in future.
            Isn't that the whole "output slave" thing? And is it not exactly part of that patchset that xorg is waiting for?

Comment

No the output slave is some what different and is not addressed by this patch set. It is hovever part of the same roadmep.

Comment

Working...
              X