Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam for Linux on Desura?

Hi

Why Croteam don't want sell games for Linux on Desura and Indie Royale?

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Indie Royale - The Serious Sam Pack (Windows)

- Serious Sam: The First Encounter
    - Serious Sam: The Second Encounter

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

the SUMMER BUNDLE (Windows)

- Serious sam 2

Play FRIV.COM on Rogue.one, a browser-based free online gaming website you can play on your phone and desktop without downloading anything.

"This might be a bit off-topic, but I have an information that Croteam will ship Linux version of their Serious Sam 3 as soon as Valve releases the Steam client for Linux.

On Thursday, Croteam had a speech at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing in Zagreb, Croatia where they spoke about some details of how they started and how have they made the Serious Sam series. At the end, they held a Q&A session for students who are interested in game development.

One of the questions was whether they plan to support Linux with their game. They answered that most of the Croteam people are Linux enthusiasts and that they have a linux builds of almost every version of Serious Sam, but they use those build for only in-house playing. The reason for that is the non-existence of good DRM software for Linux that would protect their software from being illegally copied. But, as they switched to using Steam as DRM and distribution framework, they said that they will release a Linux client "the very first day when Valve releases Steam client for Linux".

This is a very good news because in my opinion, Serious Sam is probably the best FPS ever."

LGP has good DRM software for Linux:

The Linux ports for SS1 SS1TSE and SS2 was as far as I know never really finished. Not really sure if it's possible to complete the games, and getting them to run might take a bit of work.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      The Linux ports for SS1 SS1TSE and SS2 was as far as I know never really finished. Not really sure if it's possible to complete the games, and getting them to run might take a bit of work.
      They can be finished and don't take any work to run really.

Comment

I received similar answer from croteam when asked will they support linux. There is post somewhere here about that.One of the big reasons why will Sam come to linux is mac. They already released ss3 and others on steam for mac.As i recall engine supports opengl version 3.2 and up but they limited it to just 3.2 so that they can keep feature compatibility with directx on win and xbox and gl on ps3.

Comment

Doesn't TSE still have bugs that need a "please fly" command to work around?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Doesn't TSE still have bugs that need a "please fly" command to work around?
            This bug is in Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Serious Sam: The Second Encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by kUrb1a View Post
              I received similar answer from croteam when asked will they support linux. There is post somewhere here about that.One of the big reasons why will Sam come to linux is mac.

Comment

Working...
              X