Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning Linux Users For Using Linux...Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played Diablo 3 enough to get a couple of characters up into the 50s. I played earlier this morning for a short while... no problems connecting. Whatever flagged these very vocal gamers for getting banned was not the fact that they are using wine.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
      I do not own Diablo 3 yet and won't for the foreseeable future but I am curious; do you suggest that people should pirate the game instead?
      I suggest people not buying it.

Comment

I am reading through the thread right now and REALLY want to take down the names of the idiots saying that "unsupported operating system = ban" just to shame them later. Too many idiots.

Comment

I think Blizzard gamers playing on Linux need to make a petition.

Blizzard uses Linux for Battlenet for AGES now.

There are a lot of people who buy and pay for Blizzard products, but have to play it via WINE.

Blizzard should finally get over this and make official Linux clients for its games.

Even if its made via winelib, it should be official, should be CRC'able so it plays well with their anti-cheating system.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
            I think Blizzard gamers playing on Linux need to make a petition.
            http://www.petitiononline.com/ibpfl/petition.html

Comment

Dualbox w/ Windows. Problem solved.

Comment

For fucks sake people, just because someone uses linux doesn't mean they aren't cheating.

Comment

Me and my buddies have played multiple expansions of World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 under wine with no issues from Blizzard. This leads me to believe these people are cheaters plain and simple...

Comment

Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
                    Anybody here play Diablo 3 via Wine? Not anymore...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978861022
                    Just so you know guys, I was banned too a couple of days ago so I can confirm this is still happening..
                    Play-on-linux, ubuntu 64bits.
                    The funny thing was I only played for like 5 hrs just to try out the game... (used the starter edition trial installer) and then I got busy I never touched the game for like 2 weeks. Then blizzard emails me telling me my account is suspended and I'm using unathorized software and hacks..
                    Although I was never planning to buy the game as I am too busy to play full time ( I just wanted to play till level 5 or something just to see what it was about as I was a huge diablo 2 fan), I contacted them with all the info, asking them to lift the ban and to confirm whether they just banned me for using wine.
                    Here's the crappy answer that I got...

Code:
                    Greetings, 

Thank you for contacting us. An additional review of the action taken against the Diablo III account on [email protected] has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings, and the account action will not be reversed or changed.

Actions are based on the violation's severity and take previous violations into consideration. This action was taken in accordance with the Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/) and our Diablo III Policies (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-policies), which all players acknowledge and agree to before logging into the game.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in Diablo III. Thank you for respecting our position.

Sincerely,

Customer Services
                    Blizzard Entertainment
                    www.blizzard.com/support
                    Anyhow, lesson learned... uninstalled it in two seconds and never looked back. I'll just stick to playing Torchlight or something easy that has better linux support

Comment

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

Diablo III was a fail on every level.

Comment

Working...
                      X