Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena Reloaded Coming Next Week

Phoronix: Alien Arena Reloaded Coming Next Week

The open-source "Alien Arena: Reloaded" title will be released next week with a number of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

looking better.

But the whole quake3 style arenas is a bit boring for me nowadays.

would be cool if we had something like an open source team-fortress or ut2004 with vehicles.

I also remember playing a lot a mod for quake 2 called Weapons factory (which is kinda team fortress), but i dont believe that mod is available for open arena. :/

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
      looking better.

would be cool if we had something like an open source team-fortress or ut2004 with vehicles.
      so, xonotic?

Comment

So like Xonotic.

Still being worked on, but has great promise to introduce new/different play modes, and eventually vehicles are planned, I believe.

Comment

You want The Hat Simulator open-sourced?

Comment

Even if the engine is decent (but it still looks like it's nowhere near Xonotic), the assets are definitely off-putting. This just doens't look serious.
            BTW, it does have vehicles - airplanes at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
              the assets are definitely off-putting. This just doens't look serious.
              Because video games are serious business.

Comment

They should work on interface.

A good interface is vital and is a major blocker in this game.

I'm talking about interface part that appears AFTER (i.e. hidden behind) main menu. Its very awkward.

This is nr.1 on my wishlist to happen to AA.
                --
                (this is empty, cause AA rocks!)
                --
                Nr. 30 Much bigger areas for vehicles. Perhaps name these maps differently (where you'd have to walk a lot, if you don't ride).
                But currently, you have several maps where you can drive, but the outdoors are soo small, there is absence of any fun...

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
                  Even if the engine is decent (but it still looks like it's nowhere near Xonotic), the assets are definitely off-putting. This just doens't look serious.
                  BTW, it does have vehicles - airplanes at least.
                  I think you should stop spamming and instead start playing if you are to draw conclusions.

In times of Nexuiz, this game was awesome; currently, in times of Xonotic, this game stayed awesome through a continuous spray of improvements; and guess what, it will stay awesome in the future.

This game is one of the few that gives you real adrenaline and no boredom.

Alien Arena, Xonotic, Warsow, (Quake Live) - I'd say, we have (awe)some online FPS under Linux today worthy of buying high-end card just for them

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                    But the whole quake3 style arenas is a bit boring for me nowadays.

would be cool if we had something like
                    LOL

It's funny how this same comment gets rolled out on every news item about a linux game.

New RTS? "This is a bit boring, they should come out with a ____ that I would like".

New 2D platformer? "Looks lame and boring, why don't they work on a cool ____ that I would like".

New RPG? "Yawn, wake me up when they work on a cool ____ that I would like".

New Sim? "Wow, that looks boring. They should come out with a ____ that I would like".

It never fails.

Comment

Working...
                    X