Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge On Linux Two-Month Redux

Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge On Linux Two-Month Redux

It has been 66 days since Intel formally introduced their Ivy Bridge processors as the 2012 successor to Sandy Bridge. My views on Intel Ivy Bridge (specifically the Core i7 3770K model) back on launch-day were very positive in terms of the Linux compatibility, CPU performance, and the HD 4000 graphics capabilities. Since then I've conducted dozens of additional tests looking at the Core i7 Ivy Bridge on Linux in different areas from comparative benchmarks to Microsoft Windows, trying to run BSD operating systems on the latest hardware, looking at the virtualization performance, compiler tuning, etc. Here is a recap of this additional Ivy Bridge testing that has happened over the past two months of near constant benchmarking.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone having freezing issues with Ivy Bridge using the default 3.2 kernel in Ubuntu 12.04?

Comment

ok ok, any so called journalist can link to previous articles he had written in the past, but a true journalist could link to an article from the future, lets see you do that.

Comment

Originally posted by dkansen View Post
        Is anyone having freezing issues with Ivy Bridge using the default 3.2 kernel in Ubuntu 12.04?
        Yes, you, me and loads of people.
        Check https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/999910

and also https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/993187

Cheers

Comment

It's better to update to 3.5. But maybe rc6 until the new suspend bug is fixed which was introduced in rc7.

Comment

Working...
          X