Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Coverage Of 2008 CES Show

Phoronix: Linux Coverage Of 2008 CES Show

Beginning next week we will be covering the 2008 International Consumer Electronic Show (CES) taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada. We'll be providing some highlights from the show as well as looking at the Linux-related products...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

May I borrow your CES coverage?

I run a site called Linux-Revolution.com and I have an RSS of your news on my site already because of the unique Linux news you provide. Anyway, I'd like to put CES coverage on my site...ofcourse all credit going to you and it would be named as you as the provider. Please let me know if this would be ok...

Thanks,

Ed Ellingham
    Linux-Revolution.com

Comment

Originally posted by LinRev View Post
      I run a site called Linux-Revolution.com and I have an RSS of your news on my site already because of the unique Linux news you provide. Anyway, I'd like to put CES coverage on my site...ofcourse all credit going to you and it would be named as you as the provider. Please let me know if this would be ok...

Thanks,

Ed Ellingham
      Linux-Revolution.com
      Hi Ed,

Thanks for the RSS coverage! However, at this time the content is copyrighted and am only allowed to authorize the redistribution of the content within the RSS feed and linking to the original source. Though if you'd like to just summarize the Phoronix coverage on your site and then link to it, that would be acceptable as long as none of the images are hot-linked directly from the Phoronix image server.

Michael Larabel
      Phoronix Executive Editor
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Please check my site

Check out my site, the RSS feed is only a title and a link to you site. Check it please to make sure you are satisfied with it. I take no credit for any of it, you'll see it should be fine.

Thanks,

Ed Ellingham
        Linux-Revolution.com

Comment

Yes, I had checked out your site, continuing in what you're doing right now is fine -- you could even use the RSS description tag if you wanted. What wouldn't be allowed though is just copying all of the content (textual and pictures) and then just pasting it on your site.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Not a problem, that's what I was asking really. I'd like to take no credit and would be more than glad to just send people to your site from mine. All I'd really like to do is maybe put up a link sending them to your page for CES coverage. I'm trying to make my site a portal to other sites like yours. My goal is for someone to start with me...and end with you.

Thanks a lot,

Ed Ellingham
            Linux-Revolution.com

Comment

Virtual reality is always interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X