Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VGABIOS for ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 needed (Virtualization)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execute the following (replacing __PCI__ with your cards PCI, for example, 0000:02:00.0):
    Code:
    sudo su
    echo "1" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom > ~/vgabios.bin
    echo "0" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom
    The VGABIOS will then be in your home folder.
    (You should however check the vgabios with your favorite hex editor to make sure it's the vgabios in there, and not an error message, for example. Or "cat ~/vgabios.bin", you'll notice if it's the vgabios or not)

However, there are also other methods, for instance ATITool (Win64/Win32/Dos) etc..
    Last edited by bug!; 08 August 2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bug! View Post
      Execute the following (replacing __PCI__ with your cards PCI, for example, 0000:02:00.0):
      Code:
      sudo su
      echo "1" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom
      cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom > ~/vgabios.bin
      echo "0" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/driver/__PCI__/rom
      thank you.
      but that doesn't work, because my host does not recognize the card So there are no entries in /sys/ for the radeon card...

with gpu-z or the atitool it is also not possible to get the bios. Maybe sony did blocked the bios?

Comment

Originally posted by rachid View Post
        thank you.
        but that doesn't work, because my host does not recognize the card So there are no entries in /sys/ for the radeon card...
        Forgive my ignorance, but can't you simply run those commands in the *guest* (with the FOSS radeon drivers loaded) to extract the VBIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by Aquous View Post
          Forgive my ignorance, but can't you simply run those commands in the *guest* (with the FOSS radeon drivers loaded) to extract the VBIOS?
          the problem is, that the *host* don't recognize the video card. Error message:
          radeon 0000:16:00.0: Invalid ROM contents.
          drm:radeon_get_bios] *ERROR* Unable to locate a BIOS ROM"

So I tought, if I can read somehow the bios, I could implement it as workaround in radeon_get_bios() function.

Comment

Working...
          X