Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changin User Directory Installation

hi,
    I have installed phoronix on windows 7 and I wonder if you can tell me how to change the default user directory so it can be out of C:\USERS\myName\.phoronix-test-suite.
    I don't have space on C: so I need to use another drive, i.e. G:\myName. I am using phoronix 3.8.0. I have also installed phoronix-test-suite on G:\
    Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty new to Phoronix so sorry in advance if I get this wrong...
    but I believe you can change that in the user-config.xml file in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/ folder.

Comment

kj90, thanks for your reply. I have changed these parameters on the user-config.xml and still the directory is being created on C:\users\myName\.phoronix-test-suite

<EnvironmentDirectory>G:\phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/</EnvironmentDirectory>
      <CacheDirectory>G:\phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/</CacheDirectory>
      <ResultsDirectory>G:\phoronix-test-suite/test-results/</ResultsDirectory>

is there another parameter I am missing? I think the user-config.xml file is created when running for the first time so that makes it the chicken&egg problem. I was thinking that there is an environment parameter that could set that directory, for example: USER_DIRECTORY

Thx

Comment

hi,
        I've found an alternate and temporary solution. I have changed pts-core.php where the PTS_USER_PATH is defined to use PTS_PATH and that made the same directory for installation and operation. You still have to change user-config.xml Environment/Cache/Results to point to PTS_PATH too.
        Here is the new define:
        define('PTS_USER_PATH', PTS_PATH . '/');
        Hope this can help others temporarily.

Comment

Working...
        X