Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno 3D Driver Hits Rendering Milestone

Phoronix: Freedreno 3D Driver Hits Rendering Milestone

While not as far along as the ARM Lima driver or even OpenFIMG, the open-source reverse-engineered "Freedreno" driver for Qualcomm's Snapdragon graphics hardware has hit a rendering milestone. There's also a small ARM Mali driver update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't wait for the day that my cell phone can run open source bottom through top.

Comment

is that (semi-) official? I only get for my cellphone a arm prozessor and for the router other than that right now I will not buy such device ever.... except something changes in the driver policy of arm companies...

Comment

There's plenty MIPS routers and phones around, too.

Comment

hmm nice to know ^^ but 1. for a router it doesnt matter that there are no grafics drivers and to the phones are there free grafic drivers for this mips-phones?

Comment

It depends quite a lot on what graphics IP happens to be inside. But usually the MIPS graphics are closed, too.

Comment

Working...
            X