No announcement yet.

Xonotic Aims To Be The Best Open-Source FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only GFX improvements? Quake-style shooter? Are you guys playing the same game I am? Yes, it's an arena shooter, but it feels a lot more like Unreal than Quake, and the weapons have been improved a lot, adding quite a bit of depth to the game (and making it very satisfying to play).

Comment

Originally posted by TechMage89 View Post
      Only GFX improvements? Quake-style shooter? Are you guys playing the same game I am? Yes, it's an arena shooter, but it feels a lot more like Unreal than Quake, and the weapons have been improved a lot, adding quite a bit of depth to the game (and making it very satisfying to play).
      Their comments lead me to believe that they just read the article, looked at the screenshots, watched some random youtube clips, then commented about the gameplay without even actually PLAYING the game
      Last edited by Loafers; 25 June 2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I would say ut is a quake style shooter.

Comment

UT and Quake are both arena shooters, yes, but they play very differently. I don't actually like Quake much, because it is too much about twitch-response, rather than timing and strategy. I would say Xonotic is much more similar to Unreal, which I enjoy a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Xonotic is my favourite Quake-based shooter. It is very polished and looks great!
            'Nuff said.

Comment

Come on people the game is crazy and fast(a bit faster) as quake and has possibilities of mods(mutations) and weapons like UT. Has bits from both games but uniquely composed together. Absolutely amazing game!

Comment

how about game engine tools

I would like for someone to dev this engine to a tool like Unity3d or Torque where you can script actions and trigges in game before playing. Is there a way to get netradient to be as portable as this game? Xenotic has always played on the mac, Radient varients haven't for as long as I've been trying. Any one here developed for this game? do they include blender models for the new character models or weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by dacresbu View Post
                  I would like for someone to dev this engine to a tool like Unity3d or Torque where you can script actions and trigges in game before playing. Is there a way to get netradient to be as portable as this game? Xenotic has always played on the mac, Radient varients haven't for as long as I've been trying. Any one here developed for this game? do they include blender models for the new character models or weapons?
                  You might wanna ask on Xonotic forums.

Comment

I should really check out Xonotic and Red Eclipse once I am back on my desktop. First time I've heard of them. I have been playing a lot of Tribes: Ascend lately and it unfortunately does not exist for Linux.

Comment

These people deserve a big fscking applause for continuing the development of the (now commercial) game Nexuiz ... they are simply amazing, their work is noticeable indeed !!

Comment

Working...
                      X