Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA VT2021 Audio Codec

Hi,

does anyone have experience with / information about the linux compatibility of this piece of hardware: "VIA VT2021 Audio Codec" ?
    The specific product I am interested in is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard.

Sadly, there are very few informations on official VIA sites, Gigabyte Forums and the Web in general so I appreciate any input

I want to use this mainboard in a dual boot setup with Windows 7 and either Debian, Ubuntu or Gentoo linux.

thanks !

No dice so far

So far I have not been able to get sound through the analog ports on my Ubuntu 12.04 installation with this motherboard. I have only tried using the settings available in Unity for setting up the sound and am still researching options.

The digital output (S/PDIF) works without a hitch if you have a digital sound system you can plug it into, but headphones are no go from the board directly.

I signed the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/vialinux/petition.html and sent email to VIA but have not heard back.

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply.
      I steered away from this model and bought a Gigabyte z68 now, but thanks for your effort

Comment

Working...
      X