Upcoming Linux Benchmarks For July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other ideas for benchmarks/articles:
    - Explore the performance difference of the Radeon driver with a fairly decent card (e.g. Radeon 6800) when you switch between power management profiles (E.g. Low, High, Default (usually same as high), and Dynpm).
    - Do the same with CPU-governors when exploring gaming performance to try to show if the radeon drivers (or nouveau/intel) are CPU limited, GPU limited, or other.
    - See if there's a difference in Radeon/Nouveau/Intel gaming performance when the S3TC library is installed/used. You may have to be overseas to legally do this, but you'll be in Nicaragua soon and I'm betting you'll bring a laptop
    - Does PTS have any sound-server related benchmarks? It'd be cool to see latency and CPU-usage measurements for ALSA/Pulse/Jack/etc, as I've had noticeable lag in MythTV on an older system in Pulse, but it seems better on my Llano.
    - When wayland is ready, a Wayland How-To would be good. A guide to installing/using Wayland on top of Ubuntu/Fedora/whatever. This would be a bit more time intensive than most of your other articles.
    - What is the oldest machine you have? How is the user experience and performance if you install Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 on it.
    - It's probably not ready yet, but eventually some tests of Clover vs Nvidia/AMD OpenCL.
    - Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) is coming out in July, and benchmarks of that would be nice.
    - Have you ever done any tests/walkthroughs/benchmarks of Plan 9 or Haiku?
    - How are OpenIndiana and Illumos doing these days?
    - Have you done any tests of WebGL and WebCL so far?

Comment

Working...
    X