kernel 3.5-rcALL nasty crash need help to debug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernel 3.5-rcALL nasty crash need help to debug

hi i have an 4850X2 2GB that works perfectly fine with mesa stack git but it crash very nasty when i try to use anything 3D with any 3.5 series kernel, i suspect if something related to BUF PRIME but i can't debug it since it crash everything not even ssh or magicrq key works.

which advise you give me to debug this issue?

If you have 2 pcs and if the kernel recognizes a crash and outputs stuff, then you can use netconsole.

On the pc that crashes you do
    Code:
     modprobe netconsole netconsole=6969@YOUR_IP/eth0,6969@LOGGER_IP/LOGGER_MAC_ADDRESS
    And on the pc with LOGGER_IP and LOGGER_MAC you can receive it with "nc -l -u -p 6969" and pipe it in a file from there: "nc -l -u -p 6969 | tee kernelmsg.log".

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      If you have 2 pcs and if the kernel recognizes a crash and outputs stuff, then you can use netconsole.

On the pc that crashes you do
      Code:
       modprobe netconsole netconsole=6969@YOUR_IP/eth0,6969@LOGGER_IP/LOGGER_MAC_ADDRESS
      And on the pc with LOGGER_IP and LOGGER_MAC you can receive it with "nc -l -u -p 6969" and pipe it in a file from there: "nc -l -u -p 6969 | tee kernelmsg.log".
      sadly i only have 1 pc here but ill try to get a laptop from office and see

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        sadly i only have 1 pc here but ill try to get a laptop from office and see
        Check junk stores, garage sales, etc., you should be able to pick up something more than adequate for around... $10.

Comment

If it's just the kernel that make a difference (i.e., same userspace is stable with 3.4, crashes with 3.5), you can use git to bisect what kernel commit caused the problem. I doubt it's the prime code as it's not used at all yet unless you are playing with the new xserver bits to support multi-GPU.

Comment

Working...
          X