Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I'm a new penguin-head, but not a good one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm a new penguin-head, but not a good one...

I've been wanting to just pull the trigger and go Linux for awhile now, but just never have had the motivation to. The other day, i got a replacement hard drive in from newegg, and decided to partition it into three one terabyte sections. After doing so, I decided it would be worth it to go ahead and install OpenSUSE and Ubuntu on the two extra partitions while I was at it. I booted into Ubuntu right after, and three days later, I haven't even cared to look into OpenSUSE or go back into Windows. Problem is, I can't seem to get the hang of a few different things on here. Is there a beginners resource available somewhere where I can just start reading and not have my intelligence insulted, but explain things to me in a manner that someone who has never used linux before can understand. Most of the online tutorials I've found either take a too in depth approach and assume I've been using Linux all my life, or else try to baby-feed me information I already knew: "RAM stands for RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY". "No shit, asshole. Thanks for the insult, now can I please get a list of command line statements and what they do?"

Hmm, you can buy pretty any good Linux book, or even look on distro resources, like
    Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.10 is a free, comprehensive beginner’s guide for the Ubuntu operating system.

Sites,.. well:
    http://www.phoronix.com (obviously)
    HOLYBET777: No #1 Gambling Sites For Fun & For Your Daily Jackpot. Daftar login sekarang juga untuk dapatkan jackpot melalui link alternatif holybet777.

ubuntuvibes.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ubuntuvibes.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

WebUpd8 is an Ubuntu / Linux blog which delivers news, tips and application reviews. We follow the Ubuntu and GNOME development and keep you up to date with everything new and interesting.

and of course

etc.

I'm not going to put whole list, because this may be in conflict with phoronix policy, but you can pretty much find huge amount of information once you type "linux" or "$yourdistro" in google...

Btw, why is it hard to skip past uninteresting topics and read what you want... I don't understand your anger here...

Comment

Originally posted by ashinms View Post
      I've been wanting to just pull the trigger and go Linux for awhile now, but just never have had the motivation to. The other day, i got a replacement hard drive in from newegg, and decided to partition it into three one terabyte sections. After doing so, I decided it would be worth it to go ahead and install OpenSUSE and Ubuntu on the two extra partitions while I was at it. I booted into Ubuntu right after, and three days later, I haven't even cared to look into OpenSUSE or go back into Windows. Problem is, I can't seem to get the hang of a few different things on here. Is there a beginners resource available somewhere where I can just start reading and not have my intelligence insulted, but explain things to me in a manner that someone who has never used linux before can understand. Most of the online tutorials I've found either take a too in depth approach and assume I've been using Linux all my life, or else try to baby-feed me information I already knew: "RAM stands for RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY". "No shit, asshole. Thanks for the insult, now can I please get a list of command line statements and what they do?"
      hahaaaaa

Comment

Working...
      X