Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Clang To Auto-Convert Qt 4 To Qt 5

Phoronix: Using Clang To Auto-Convert Qt 4 To Qt 5

There's new work underway to take advantage of LLVM's Clang tooling to auto-convert most Qt 4.x code into being Qt 5.0-compatible...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting Work

One of the most boring work is to change API or Languages. Specially when the code is not well documented. Its a good news that clang can be used for automating this kind of

Comment

Intel and Qt

I decided to check out KDAB, the company the blogger works for. KDAB's homepage has a post to an article, with links to some charts, touting KDAB being a top Qt contributor. Well, KDAB certainly is, but what's more interesting is, charts also show that Intel has been quite active lately contributing to Qt as well. Is this an indication that they are coming back to Qt? That will be an interesting development.

Comment

Since Nokia is basically M$'s shill and has orphaned Qt, it won't be long before another company makes a bid for Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
          Since Nokia is basically M$'s shill and has orphaned Qt, it won't be long before another company makes a bid for Qt.
          Nokia can't sell Qt anymore, it's Digia's nowadays (all the sellable parts, commercial support etc were already transferred to them).

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Nokia can't sell Qt anymore, it's Digia's nowadays (all the sellable parts, commercial support etc were already transferred to them).
            It's Nokia who owns the copyright and hires the most developers. There should be nothing stopping them from selling the Trolltech unit foward.

Comment

I thought many of them were already fired?

Comment

Originally posted by JantarMantar View Post
                what's more interesting is, charts also show that Intel has been quite active lately contributing to Qt as well. Is this an indication that they are coming back to Qt? That will be an interesting development.
                I'm pretty sure it's ?just? Wayland (although I'm currently too lazy to check for Intel commits to other Qt parts but there shouldn't be many). It is Intel?s interest to push Wayland adoption and for that Intel wants to make sure at least the popular toolkits support Wayland well. Qt does not get special treatment here. Intel is also involved porting GTK to Wayland as you can see in the ?2011-2012? line in http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tre...oard-wayland.c
                Same for Clutter: http://git.gnome.org/browse/clutter/...kend-wayland.c
                And also the same with EFL: http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/brow.../ecore_wayland (the Rob Bradford mentioned there is this guy: http://www.robster.org.uk/blog/?p=198 )

I thought many of them were already fired?
                You are confusing Qt developers with MeeGo developers. In Qt there is no big change in developer workforce employed by Nokia.

Comment

You are confusing Qt developers with MeeGo developers. In Qt there is no big change in developer workforce employed by Nokia.
                  With no platform of theirs using Qt anymore, what cause do they possibly have to keep Qt in? Meego -> gone, Meltemi -> gone, Symbian -> long gone.

It's my gut reaction that the Qt guys were included in the last "slashing a third of our workforce" announcement.

Comment

With no platform of theirs using Qt anymore, what cause do they possibly have to keep Qt in?
                    I do not know.
                    Nothing Nokia did since the MS collaboration agreement makes sense in my eyes.
                    Keep on developing without an OS to run it on is pretty insane but it is good for Qt.

It's my gut reaction that the Qt guys were included in the last "slashing a third of our workforce" announcement.
                    Why stay with facts when the gut feeling can do the same, right?
                    The last fact I've read from a Nokia person is this from a week ago:

Summary: Nokia's legal team ordered a short suspension of Qt commits, but Qt development is secure at the very least until Qt 5.0 is released. Nothing after that has been decided, yet.

If you have actual info newer than that, I am open for that, but keep your gut feeling out of it and let's stay with facts.

Comment

Working...
                    X