No announcement yet.

Fluent 1080p YouTube on AMD Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That has the downside that Youtube changes their page layout quite often, breaking those userscripts.

Comment

Interesting approach ChrisXY. Luckily I can do without the userscripts, since -to be more specific- I need to play video on my own site, e.g. using the YouTube chromeless player. But it seems I might have to look for a different player that I can use on my site and that uses mplayer. Any ideas if there is such an embeddable player?

Comment

Originally posted by plind View Post
        You mean HTML5, right? Does that play 1080p fluently? If so, what do I need? xvba? An does that work on any browser and distro?
        To my knowledge, Firefox has HTML5 video tag caching issues, only Chrome 17+ has solved it.
        Also, a lot depends on browser itself, if it accelerates the video itself.
        For example, my second machine is a old p4 2.4, which uses 100% cpu in firefox, because driver acceleration is disabled.
        Yet, if I download the video and play it via VLC using basic Xv, this same video causes only 20% CPU load.

Comment

Working...
        X