Fluent 1080p YouTube on AMD Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluent 1080p YouTube on AMD Fusion?

Is there any way of getting fluent 1080p Youtube playback on AMD Fusion? I'm looking for a solution that preferably works on both an E-350 and E-450. I don't care about the distro or the browser. All I need is a combination that works guaranteed.

If there is, please let me know how what I need to do to accomplish this.

Thanks so much!

Not a browser solution, but ...
    You could use xbmc (xvba version) and the youtube plugin. This is working great for me.

Comment

I'm assuming XBMC would use Flash to play that YouTube content, right? In that case, would it be correct to assume that it uses the generic Flash player and that that generic player leverages xvba? If that's the case, you'd say a browser like Firefox (using the generic Flash player) would benefit from xvba's hardware acceleration as well. Can anyone concur? And if so, what Flash player leverages xvba?

Comment

Nope.

All is done through ffmpeg. youtube can send h264 since a long time.

Comment

Darn. Then I'm still looking for that browser solution, which I need for my use case. Thanks, fritsch.

Comment

Use Youtube's webm option instead of flash?

Comment

You mean HTML5, right? Does that play 1080p fluently? If so, what do I need? xvba? An does that work on any browser and distro?

Comment

xvba-sdk is a software development kit: http://developer.amd.com/zones/opens...s/default.aspx. You can use AMD UVD with it.

We implemented support into a special xbmc version (https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc). This xbmc has a youtube plugin. So nothing browser related, as stated within my first post.

Comment

In theory you could try flash 11.3 which comes with chrome 20+ (currently in the chrome beta package) while having the xvba-video wrapper installed. no idea if it is really accellerated already but in the future it should be able to use vaapi.

Comment

Pretty sure fglrx doesn't do webm hardware decoding that the youtube html5 version gives you anyway.

What I would do:

Install fglrx, mplayer with vaapi patch, the vaapi->xvba wrapper "xvba-video" and install the gecko-mediaplayer (or another player plugin with vaapi support) browser plugin.
                    Use firefox + greasemonkey and a script that replaces the youtube flash player with an embedded video file. Something like http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/87011 (don't know if this script works, there are many).

Play a youtube video so gecko-mediaplayer is started, then you get a config in .config/gecko-mediaplayer/gecko-mediaplayer.conf or maybe in ~/.mplayer/config in the gnome-mplayer section, no idea... Should be possible to configure it with the gui you get on right click - settings too...

Put in the config
                    Code:
                    vo=vaapi
                    va=vaapi
                    and you should get hardware decoding for h.264.

Gives you no annotations and stuff, just the video.

Comment

Working...
                    X