Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBLOG: A Frame-Buffer Driver Just For Kernel Logs

Phoronix: FBLOG: A Frame-Buffer Driver Just For Kernel Logs

Appearing this weekend on the Linux kernel mailing list was a new frame-buffer driver with the sole purpose of the "fblog" driver being for showing the kernel logs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i really hope, his stuff like this will get adopted

Comment

VT from my cold dead hands, etc.

Comment

If this doesn't kill the VT from the kernel, does this still have any advantages when living side-by-side with VT in the kernel?

What advantages does this have?

Does this accept just plain text, or does it also do ANSI coloring and stuff like that?

Comment

Solution in search of a problem

No, really, what's the point of this? I thought all the ADHD C programmers were busy making init less reliable. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            VT from my cold dead hands, etc.
            You can still have your VT.
            I love the VT too.
            kmscon doesn't want to entirely get rid of VT, just move out out from the kernel to userspace.

Comment

Why name?

Why name it fblog and kmscon?

Why not fblog, fbcon or kmslog, kmscon?

Comment

HTML and CSS

Hey, think if someone make a console with HTML and CSS instead of ANSI / VT220?

Comment

The console belongs in the kernel. I want to be able to type even under memory pressure/swap storm.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    The console belongs in the kernel. I want to be able to type even under memory pressure/swap storm.
                    Maybe still possible in user-space with process priority / nice levels.

Giving the process the highest priority or real-time priority.

Comment

Working...
                    X