Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Linus Torvalds Calls NVIDIA The Worst Company Ever

Quote Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
    It's clear now Microsoft is finished. They can't get it right in the mobile market which is the future. The Surface Tablet has had a poor reception when announced.
    They missed virtualisation markets. And their virtualisaton products is whay I call real crap. They missed netbooks and forced everyone to eat Vista which has been just too slow to be usable on netbooks. They failed to compete iPOD and then iphone and ipad. Then Android has appeared and finally overtook OEM market offering better terms and conditions. Free of charge? Customisable? Flexible? Multi-tasking? Not limited to very few chipsets? Ha-ha. WP7 stands no chance.

MS lost it ability to create good products. They only able to "produce" some racket and dirty tricks. Not something that works well for technology companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    It's a support forum not a place for religious wars. I kinda see why they want to keep the trolls away.
    There is absolutely no excuse for censorship (*)

* Unless you're Mr. Stalin.

P.s.: I'm really happy I don't have to deal with such vendor and such community.
    Last edited by 0xBADCODE; 06-20-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Default I always recommend Nvidia

Quote Originally Posted by t.s. View Post
    Point taken: don't buy NVidia hardware from now on; don't recommend their hardware also for our friend..
    But..but.. If I use linux, their driver is one of the best.. 怎么办?
    Oh, what an irony..
    Because Nvidia works the best for me. I wish I could say FOSS is better, but so far it hasn't been.

Default It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Linus Torvalds Calls NVIDIA The Worst Company Ever

Linus Torvalds, the creator of the Linux kernel, has called out NVIDIA for their poor graphics drivers in a public presentation. In the talk he called NVIDIA "the single worst company we have ever dealt with" and ended his green comments with "NVIDIA: FUCK YOU!"..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTEyMTc
    YES ! Ha ha ha
    Linus really does have a "pair" afterall.

"OptiMESS" is nvidia's fault, and NOT Linux's, so just FIX IT ALREADY nVidia, will ya ?!
    Did I not hear a "door" just open for AMD ?! -Hello ! amd ?

Default Optimess anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by t.s. View Post
    Point taken: don't buy NVidia hardware from now on; don't recommend their hardware also for our friend..
    But..but.. If I use linux, their driver is one of the best.. 怎么办?
    Oh, what an irony..
    ...ironically, you're wrong, because ALL the "newer" laptops (with nvidia chips), and I do mean all, have the "Nvidia Optimus" technology, so in other words, those expensive nvidia gpu's just became useless on linux, and we're paying for nothing !? Bumblebee/Schmumblebee -thanks for squat Nvialis, err I meant nvidia
    Oh, what a bunch of lying_oxymorons@nvidia

Quote Originally Posted by scjet View Post
    YES ! Ha ha ha
    Linus have always said what he want.

Default Steve Ballmer visibly upset over Linus video.....

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Looks like a Steve Ballmer moment to be honest. Slightly embarrassing, to say the least....
    ...actually, just after Steve Ballmer saw what Linux Torvalds did, Ballmer apparently went on Youtube, and tried to grab his own "balls" literally and said: "...Here LINUS !, I got some F_ckin' Opensource for you right here baby !!!"
    unfortunately ya, it didn't score any hits because "Ball"mer didn't have any real "Balls" of his own to grab. - a no-show.

Default AMD doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by scjet View Post
    YES ! Ha ha ha

"OptiMESS" is nvidia's fault, and NOT Linux's, so just FIX IT ALREADY nVidia, will ya ?!
    Did I not hear a "door" just open for AMD ?! -Hello ! amd ?
    It isn't the opportunity AMD is looking for.

In terms of market share Linux is still a huge FAIL in comparison with NVIDIA. Plus, NVIDIA cards WORK on Linux and WORK GOOD unlike AMD.

So fuck Torvalds.

Default A case could be made

Quote Originally Posted by ворот93 View Post
    In terms of market share Linux is still a huge FAIL in comparison with NVIDIA. Plus, NVIDIA cards WORK on Linux and WORK GOOD unlike AMD.

So fuck Torvalds.
    Perhaps Linus Torvalds was the worst thing that happened for GNU. Maybe it was the the environment that Linus created that enabled nVidia to operate as it has? Sure Linus created Linux, but if he hadn't maybe someone else would have made something better.