No announcement yet.

Linus on Nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there can be reasons to play in a low res, like being more focussed on the opponents and getting framerates > 100. But just use it because the gfx driver is too slow (and not the hardware itself) sounds a tiny bit crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      We already do have the competition for example the : Loongson 3B L53A-2way-server V1.0 mainboard
      or the Lemote Yeeloong 8133 notebook.

and this stuff is 100% opensource. so why whine because i criticism the AMD OpenSource Manager ?
      Absence of benchmarks and market availability is what prevents me to purchase it.

It is really ironic that closed minded country such as China produces open hardware, and open minded USA produces closed hardware. Really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
        there you go curaga, you can get the full 1080p section of 2minutes 43 seconds in context here, its streamable at
        1.5 Mbps for older PCs too over wireless LAN.
        http://www.2shared.com/complete/rKHk...-Torvalds.html
        Thanks!

lol @ the windows exe and bat files though

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Thanks!

lol @ the windows exe and bat files though
          LOL got to make it dead easy for the windows users to make them High quality batch encodes,just by copying a bunch of MKV's,MP4, or TS original files there and then double click the bat for overnight series High profile x264 quality encodes.

it should be simple enough to re-write the bat's for Linux use OC and keep the same quality setting's if you care to write it and add the Linux compiled avconv, actually never tryed but it should even work as is if you run it with Wine.
          Last edited by popper; 17 June 2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I hoped this Linus'es utterance wouldn't appear on this website, boy, as always I was wrong, Michael's second nature is sensations.

NVIDIA's engineers and programmers are mere mortals, if you have anything to say to NVIDIA, approach their president and CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang, who pretty much dictates their Open Source policy.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              I hoped this Linus'es utterance wouldn't appear on this website,
              It isn't exactly a "utterance" when you focus in on the camera and make a point to be on the record.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                I hoped this Linus'es utterance wouldn't appear on this website, boy, as always I was wrong, Michael's second nature is sensations.

NVIDIA's engineers and programmers are mere mortals, if you have anything to say to NVIDIA, approach their president and CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang, who pretty much dictates their Open Source policy.
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                It isn't exactly a "utterance" when you focus in on the camera and make a point to be on the record.
                it seems pritty clear given the growing mass ARM populary today thats only going to get bigger marketshare and profits in time that this was one of a series of large Linux PR chances to get all the GFX vendors executive to finally consider opening up all their code for the long term good and profits of all ARM products.

generic end user/consumer Linux has not had this much of an advantage over x86 ever to date, given virtually all the popular mobile devices that are driving innovation and world wide profits today are all ARM Linux based, if anything the push to get todays Gfx hardware and other closed vendors to open up has started a little late, it should have happened when the first single core Cortex A8 devices appeared not when dual A9 is about to be overtaken by quad and even A15 soon.
                Last edited by popper; 17 June 2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X