Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Are The Biggest Problems With Linux

Phoronix: These Are The Biggest Problems With Linux

Last week I asked What Are The Biggest Problems With Linux? and since then there have been more than 220 responses and tens of thousands of views regarding the biggest issues with Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

List of problems but I ain't leaving !!!

-------

Someone should do a spoof on the women representing operating systems.

Linux = the dungeon and dragons playing female mum
    Microsoft = the secretary whore
    Apple = New York trendy designer feminist type

Comment

WORD!

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
      List of problems but I ain't leaving !!!
      My Man!

Microsoft = the secretary whore
      Isn't that kinda too hot for Microsoft?

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
        My Man!

Isn't that kinda too hot for Microsoft?
        Lets say she has bad acne.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
          Lets say she has bad acne.
          And is 95 Years old.

Comment

Now it looks like linux is full of promlems. Hardware is a problem, software is a problem, organisation is a problem, everything is a problem. Why? Problems shood look like:
            x) my scanner Canon 9876 is not supported by driver.
            OR
            x) I can not run proprietary SofwareName X.X because it was compiled with libastral 0.7, and official repository has only 1.2 version.
            OR
            x) I need to run SofwareName 20xx, there are no alternatives for linux and wine also can't run it.
            OR, OR, OR. This is how the real "Biggest Problems With Linux" list looks.

Why do you extrapolate all the problems to the whole areas of drivers and software?

And please, dear Phoronix, could you ask next time about what is good in linux? Because every item in your list of problems has at least one user, who has no problems with hardware, software, regressions etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockal View Post
              Now it looks like Linux is full of problems. Hardware is a problem, software is a problem, organisation is a problem, everything is a problem. Why?.
              I'm totally locked onto Linux. It's got problems but they are understandable issues, like shenanigans from Microsoft stopping companies supporting Linux, or patents etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockal View Post
                Now it looks like linux is full of promlems.
                True, but there is difference between "Linux has problems" and "Windows sucks". You cannot fix the latter.

Comment

Dumbest article ever made by a hypocrite. Even sites that are known to be anti Linux aren't so stupid. If you want to be a little better hypocrite then you should post article why other sucks or why Linux rocks. Otherwise you're simply bunch of a hypo without deserve to any respect.

Btw. Monolithic kernels are actually the most advanced, used in the most environments, the fastest etc. Only idiot who has no clue would say monolithic kernels sucks. Linux/Unix have monolithic, but modular kernels and Windows and OS X as well (but they advertise them as so called 'hybrid' kernels which is just dumb PR). Oh and only idiot quotes other idiots posts on the main site.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    True, but there is difference between "Linux has problems" and "Windows sucks". You cannot fix the latter.
                    I think Phoronix should have asked members to post their current problems.

For me;
                    (Hardware)
                    * my Canon scanner has no drivers. A scanner I purchased about 5 years ago. I will, never buy Canon again. Developers struggling with lack of documentation from chip maker
                    * a video usb capture device doesn't work without special drivers. Cheap eBay purchase to backup VHS.
                    * a WinTV video card isn't working, even though there is partial support if I went looking for drivers in the wilderness. Developers struggling with lack of documentation from chip maker

(Software)
                    * drivers for my ATI could be better in wine

Everything else works near perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X