Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intel Video XvMC Driver Branch

Phoronix: New Intel Video XvMC Driver Branch

Intel's Zhenyu Wang has announced the creation of the "xvmc" branch in the xf86-video-intel driver. This new branch features code clean-ups relating to X-Video Motion Compensation (XvMC) and a new framework that will support greater hardware media decoding functionality in the future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

any information regarding possible H264 and VC-1 hardware decoding help?

Comment

Phoronix should do a test on the newest driver to see how it compares to competing closed and opensource driver from Amd and Nvidia.

That would have been very interesting

Comment

this was just announced. new branch does not equal new instant functionality.

let's wait till devs get some new code in place.

Comment

ohh

So this is features that not have emerged yet.
          Well i hope proronix will do a test once it is released

Comment

Originally posted by teroedni View Post
            ohh

So this is features that not have emerged yet.
            Well i hope proronix will do a test once it is released

Well, the new branch is out there, but the new framework for supporting other types of media isn't taken advantage of yet, etc...
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope that Intel will implement sopport for the new VaAPI (Video Acceleration API) in their open source Linux device drivers soon as well
              Technical support and discussion of the open-source xf86-video-intel driver and other Intel Linux software projects.

...and that other GPU manufacturers (ATI/AMD, NVIDIA, and VIA) will follow suit

Comment

Working...
              X