This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banTheQ View Post
    Thanks Michael, for the account approve-only for posts on my other account.This is why I've been silent. I'm kind-of bitter now thinking about this site. Phoronix is supposed to represent something that encourages development for the Linux community. Yet when iconic people such as Bridgman gets trolled on a large scale, its alright. If that's how it's going to be Michael, then I throw the white flag up.

And Tobi, you've pretty much just defined Q's process. His ultimatum is to harass and ruin the experience for other people. So this is the last message from me, to respect Michael's mod actions whether I agree with them or not. Good luck on ruining this site, Q. That's what your job title is for, apparently.
    These are the forum rules:

Although the administrators and moderators of Phoronix Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Phoronix Forums, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Phoronix Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    I can see neither the prohibition of multiple accounts, for whatever reason, nor the amendment: "This rules don't apply to Qaridarium."
    So either Michael/the mods should think about how they do their job in moderating this forum according to the rules, or they should change the rules.
    If they don't care about the rules then this whole forum is nothing more than big joke made to attract trolls so that Michael makes some money with them. I invite anyone interested in serous discussions to become a member of Linuxquestions.org, a forum where mods do their job and trolls are not appreciated.
    Last edited by TobiSGD; 18 June 2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• 19 pages? Wow, guys... Anyhow, I have better things to do than read all of this and know Q has been causing problems. So for now he'll be banned for a week. Hopefully that will give him some time to calm down and then return in a week otherwise face a permanent ban.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Thanks for your clarification on this issue.

Comment

• Maybe this should've been locked on the same go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
            19 pages? Wow, guys... Anyhow, I have better things to do than read all of this and know Q has been causing problems. So for now he'll be banned for a week. Hopefully that will give him some time to calm down and then return in a week otherwise face a permanent ban.
            About damn time...

Comment

• What a pretty lame/childish decision.
              Actually the coward thread opener should have been banned. You know the saying "put your money where your mouth is"

He for sure is a bit "difficult" - he writes in a pretty aggressive and direct way - not the typical "political correct language". And I often don't share his opinion.
              But that doesnt make him a troll.

But It's Michael Forum. He decides what is "right" or "wrong" here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                19 pages? Wow, guys... Anyhow, I have better things to do than read all of this and know Q has been causing problems. So for now he'll be banned for a week. Hopefully that will give him some time to calm down and then return in a week otherwise face a permanent ban.
                Don't blame you Michael, but there's a problem that needed to be brought to your attention so that's what this thread got started for. Hopefully Q will come back in a week a calmer less boisterous person. His petty attacks on bridgman seem to be a bit out of line so we shall see if he tones things down when he returns.

This thread you can lock right now too as it has gotten the results.

Comment

Working...
                X