This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    this is your personal opinion i can't do nothing about this.
    but there is only one kind of people out there who want to show other people look like Trolls: Trolls

now what next Troll ?
    Circular logic, now you are the troll for calling me a troll, and so on. But that is not how it works. Even people that are not trolls are able to recognize a person as troll. This is possible because there is a definition of being a troll. And trolls are trolls because of that definition, no one is a troll for recognizing that a different person is a troll. It is only your behavior that makes you a troll, nothing else. By the way, this is not a personal opinion, this is the common accepted definition. Now I guess the next thing you will post is that is not your definition what a troll is, but nobody cares what your definition is.
    Try it with some real logic next time, may be that is successful.

Comment

Qaridarium must make amends, and Michael should post his though

Hello pals.

Although I haven't post allmost anything, I visit this site since some years ago.

I have to say that it's annoyning reading posts with personal attacks.

And that having a syndrome don't give anyone the right to insult, even if this one it's not fully conscient of his/her incorrect behavior.

The rest of us, don't have to stand this bad comportment.

Comment

ban both

ban both. Quridarium nonetheless is very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by TobiSGD View Post
          Circular logic, now you are the troll for calling me a troll, and so on.
          Because it needs to be posted here:

The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls. Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

– Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Comment

you didn't understand the clue you "Claimed" I'm a Troll but this is your personal opinion
            Of course it is my personal opinion? Whose opinion should I post if not mine. But that it is my opinion doesn't change the fact that I built this opinion with two simple facts in mind:
            1. The commonly accepted definition of the word troll in this context, which I already gave to you.
            2. The behavior you show in the posts I have read from you.
            This is how people (should) build their opinions, based on facts.

the difference to my sentence to you is i proved for everyone with objective criteria that you ARE a Troll!
            Where is the objective criteria? Do you mean because you stated that in your opinion every one who claims that another person is a troll, regardless if this claim is based on facts every one can see, is a troll himself?

And after the Fact that you are the Troll its logic the Troll do what a Troll musst do because of this you call me a "Troll"
            Since the only "fact" you are presenting is your opinion that I am a troll, besides the fact that i have not shown post in the kind of yours (insults and such) on this or any other forum, this claim is baseless.

In the Trolls logic its always the same he always call others Trolls to get away with his trolling.
            You are obviously "forgetting" that this thread only exists because you are annoying the people here and that you even claim that it is a success when you get away with it.

and your behavior show that you only try to attack me with the primary intent of provoking me and force me into an emotional response
            Again, this thread exists only because you, with the type of posts you have already made, have shown to the people what kind of person you are. I don't have to provoke any reaction, you have already shown your face.

he is the only one who calls me a Troll only to insult me because of my definition of success in this "Ban-Qaridarium" Tropic.
            I have tried to discuss this definition with you. But you yourself delivered a definition that is exactly the definition of a troll. Oh, and again, remember that this topic only exists because of your way to deal with people.

so he want me to make suicide and if not he try to force other people to ban me with the claim that i'm a troll.
            1. I am not the OP of this thread. You have annoyed other people enough that they want you banned, and there are some people here that signed the petition.
            2. The only one that can ban you is Micheal and I am in no position to force him to do that.
            3. You yourself have shown with your behavior and with your own definition of success that you are a troll, not my fault.

your definition is a suicide in this tropic because the tropic is: "ban-Qaridarium" the highest success in this tropic is not to be banned.

should i really be respectful for people who want me to be banned ?
            Have you even considered for a moment to think about why people want you to be banned, and this not for the first time? Is it because you are so a nice person and all others are simply wrong with their opinion about you? Or is it because you permanently are annoying and insulting people and nobody wants to be annoyed and insulted? The highest success in this topic would neither be if you are banned nor if you are not banned. The highest success in this topic would be if you think about your posting style, stop behaving like an asshole and, maybe, apologize for your behavior. But since I can't see this happen I doubt that you can reach this goal.

and if someone do lie then i should shut up my mouth and don't give the truth a voice by calling him a liar?
            A liar is someone who intentionally claims things that are not true. The keyword here is intentionally. Not everyone who posts untrue things is a liar, it may also be simple misinformation or misunderstanding. You should only call people liar if you have evidences that they are doing this with intention. If you can't do that you should point out what you think is wrong and why you think that it is wrong. Politely, this is how people behave in society.

and what kind of discussion with respect is this tropic "ban-Qaridarium" ? this tropic do hurt your rules more than all my stuff together!
            And was provoked by your behavior. Sometimes you can't be respectful, but not being respectful should be a last resort, not the rule. In your posts it seems to be the other way around.

Comment

Even without mildly beginning to wonder what drives all the brainless people who try to reason with Qaridarium to write such lengthy posts (I guess it's the same gene which makes people buy iEvil computers?), when he's obviously having the fun of his life here (otherwise he would have left long ago), I find this topic really amusing. Whenever I browse on Wikipedia and venture into the discussions I stare in awe at the utter brainlessness of practically everyone there who would rather discuss every last atom (or anything you consider the smallest unit) of the universe to bits than use some common sense -- but this tops it all.

Again, thank you Phoronix for not banning anyone here.

Comment

a personal opinion is not a statement of fact !
                Hi there,

In the english language, facts need not be true nor objective. For example, the following are facts:

1: The sky is purple.
                2: The ocean is is a large land mass.
                3: Oasis is the greatest rock band in human history.

All three of the above sentences are statements of fact, but only one of them is true.

F

Comment

i used 2 kind of sources for the objective criteria

one of them:

"The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls. Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice ? all the while continuing to respond to them.

? Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above. "
                  LOL, exactly this was given to you a few posts before as description of your behavior.

no one care about your "personal opinions" the only what does cares are: objective facts and not your "wet dream"
                  Yes, there are the insults again.
                  i show you what a statement of fact is: calling other people a "Troll" is off-tropic because the tropic is: ban-qaridarium or not your statement dosn't contain a vote for ban or not ban you just insult me without any on-tropic information. this means you are allowed to call for ban me but you are not allowed to insult me and calling me a "Troll" and this fact show 100% YOU ARE THE TROLL in this tropic!
                  If the topic is "Ban Quaridarium" then the question must be allowed why you should be banned. Therefore my description of your behavior, with my personal conclusion that you are a troll is totally on-topic.
                  And just for you i will conclude what I have posted before: You are a troll, therefore there should be some kind of punishment. I personally think that you should be given some time, may be three months, in which you show to the forums if you are able to treat the other members in a respectful way. If you aren't able to do that the banhammer should strike. But I doubt that this will be enough for you, from what I have seen from your posts there can for you be only one truth: You are right, everyone else is wrong. So even if you are not banned there can for me (and I think the other members that are annoyed by your behavior) be only one solution to keep the annoying parts of this forum to a minimum: up to my ignore list.

Comment

you really don't understand DanL's joke i pwnd him on exact that definition weeks ago.
                    and he admit that my way to beat him was superior.
                    because of this he posted the same definition here again.
                    maybe i should just copy past the old conversation just to pwnd you with the same old.

the source of this is here: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...urce-AMD/page7

DanL :"Actually, it was brought up years ago: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...3-Ban-Qaridium
                    Watching him debate with bridgman and display mastery of the below techniques is entertaining once you get used to it. Q is just a part of the Phoronix scenery, like the beer references that some people can't stand.
                    Ignore List doesn't really work for more advanced trolls, especially those who post at the rate of Q and are skilled at threadjacking."

Qaridarium: "well the clue is to call a opponent with dissenting opinions a "Contrarian Troll" is the first step to be the Contrarian Troll LOL
                    this is what your "text" includes ...........
                    what have you to say in your defense? "

DanL: "You made my day. Thanks."
                    So you think such a childish behavior to just call the other troll when he caught you in your trolling is pwning the other? Dream along, troll, you just don't get it. This is the last reply from me to you, I put you on my ignore list right now, I hope that you will be banned, since you don't show any insight to your misbehavior.
                    Have a nice life.

Comment

i call for ban "Linuxhippy" because his "nonetheless=?" is very annoying....

ok i do not even unterstand the word "nonetheless" in this meaning.

do you mean nonsense ?
                      This is exactly why people have a problem with you. He said something you did not understand. You responded by calling it annoying...

Does anyone else see something wrong with this?

Comment

Working...
                      X