X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to Ban Qaridarium

Michael,

You have to ban Qaridarium or else this site of yours is going to stagnate. Or rather, the forum aspect of it. His constant harassment towards the users of this forum is disgusting and his Xenophobia is fucking annoying. After seeing his aggressiveness towards Bridgman, and seeing as how he's repeatedly tried to reason with someone as unintelligible as Qaridarium failed repeatedly, its time for you or one of your mods(if you have any) to ban hammer this guy. All I see on Phoronix forum topics now are Qaridarium harassing someone. You have people who pay for your service. Stop worrying about your German beer and actually do some service for your paying customers. I even have ads disabled when browsing your site out of mere respect. Don't piss off anymore people over one arrogant ass.

Thanks,
    The Stig.

I agree that Q is very annoying. I added him in my ignore list, but for some reason his threads are still listed when I press "New Posts". And they're all nonsense (like his boasting of how much Germany is over USA.)

I'm tired of him. Very tired. He was previously spamming on other people's threads, now he's flooding the forum with new, useless, trollish and totally off-topic threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      you really lag "Logic" and i can prove it to you:

"You have to ban Qaridarium or else this site of yours is going to stagnate."

O well after more than 4 years and "Total Posts: 5,269" with "Posts Per Day:4.04" I can assure you this is not the case.
      If you calculate the overall click rates of my forum tropics you get a number like 100 000 and more clicks this means I'm alone bring 100 000 clicks to the "phoronix forum" and this is a FACT!
      Half of those clicks are probably coming from you hitting the refresh button And your 'logic' fails to take into account how many people have left or are visiting this forum less because of your off-topic babbling.

Comment

Michael, please ban him.

Comment

I'm seriously sick of this repeated stupidity and I hereby ask Michael to ban user "BanQaridarium" and any such xenophobic users on spot for breaking following forum rules:

-- Forum Rules --

1)

2) "04.) Please refrain from using excessive amounts of profanity in your posts."
          Users, such as BanQaridarium express excessive amounts of profanity in their posts.

2a)
          Qaridarium and anyone else are allowed to post whatever they want, provided:
          [x] it makes general sense (at least IQ 30)
          [x] it is localed in right category

2b)
          "His constant harassment towards the users of this forum is disgusting"
          This is personal opinion.
          Personal opinions may not be used to justify legal actions, only rules.
          Currently, there is no rule for this, and if this rule will be created - around 80% of users will be banned, bridgman included, due to "harassment"s not lying within scope of language semantic, but rather of approach.

2c)
          "his Xenophobia is fucking annoying."
          "with someone as unintelligible as Qaridarium"
          This users (banQ) xenophobia and his language are substantially more annoying.

3) "08.) Each forum member is limited to ONE (1) account."
          BanQ is clearly a clone. For example:
          "do some service for your paying customers"
          "All I see on Phoronix forum topics now are Qaridarium harassing someone."
          BanQ is not a paying customer, and was created by one of the existing users for the sole reason of trolling, harassing and intolerating (and failing to use Ignore button).

"I even have ads disabled when browsing your site out of mere respect."
          Because "paying customers" do not see any ads, this proves user BanQ. is NOT premium subscriber and "paying customer"; which means he uses false statements in his argumentation for the sake reason of achieving personal attacks. This is purest form of trolling.

4) "01.) Absolutely no flaming, name calling, sexual harassment, or other personal attacks will be permitted. Respect everyone, including the moderators and administrators."
          This is the only rule, which may be applied against Q, however consider the following:

Currently all Q. posts make sense, including and especially those against Bridgeman, because of his (Q.) frustration in Bridgeman and overall AMD opensource policy.
          The difference is due to Bridgeman using Vista/7 (where AMD puts most of efforts and hence least of bugs) and seeing opensource driver as 2nd class driver for 2nd class (in his opinion) operating system. If Q. would replace Bridgeman in his position of (anti-)PR manager, the opensource driver would experience fair increase of development speed. This is however not likely to happen due to Bridgeman rather implementing AMD policy of "hindering, preventing and slowing" on spot, than expressing his own opinion - unlike Q.
          As a proof, every time opensource driver sees minor improvement Q. is never seen bashing it, but rather *this fact* is used to bash Q.
          Additionally, Q. is not nvidia or intel user and hence his reaction is solely based upon complete legal "FRUSTRATION" and falls within category "PROTEST" as there are substantial differences between advertised and real driver performance. Q. is a victim of AMD (anti-)Linux Marketing, that is.

As such, Qs posts, unlike post of BanQ., are not flaming, but protest, because they do have point (amd open driver quality and development approach). Protest and criticism are allowed.

---

Thank you.

Comment

I vote against. I have not found anything personal or xenophobic or pointless in Q. posts. I don't see him flooding the forum, and I don't see him hijacking topics.

Every single Q argument especially in his dialogs with bridgeman is result of increasing frustration due to opensource driver problems, in technical or, mostly, in management area.

Q. takes amd opensource seriously, bridgeman does not.
            Q. uses amd opensource driver for desktop tasks, bridgeman does not.
            Q. wants his hardware working with this driver, bridgeman does not care - thats all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
              I vote against. I have not found anything personal or xenophobic or pointless in Q. posts. I don't see him flooding the forum, and I don't see him hijacking topics.

Comment

Let's ban topicstarter?

Let's better ban topicstarter (banQaridarium): his nickname "banQaridarium" implies he came with war, not peace. So it would be fair if (s)he will get war, as requested.

As for me, anyone telling "I paid, so I should be able to moderate and ban" is a wretched bastard who deserves ban themself. Even if his enemy is a real bastard, anyone defiling with nicknames and statements like that are even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  my forum tropics
                  Is that an admission that your posts are flamebait?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                    No, more like:

Btw....

Comment

Working...
                    X