xv so slow on amd catalyst 12.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xv so slow on amd catalyst 12.4

Now, I use pclinux os , this is the distro that give me the best performance with the catalyst drivers, I only have one problem, I saw that xv is slow in mplayer, I lost most frames on the fast scenes in the movies, Am I the only person that suffer this problem?
    Now I use gl2 with mplayer, and this seems that run normal

Some hints for you

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    Now, I use pclinux os , this is the distro that give me the best performance with the catalyst drivers, I only have one problem, I saw that xv is slow in mplayer, I lost most frames on the fast scenes in the movies, Am I the only person that suffer this problem?
    Now I use gl2 with mplayer, and this seems that run normal
    I think your distro has on synaptic "mplayer-vaapi" and "xvba-video" packages. Install them and then install smplayer/umplayer. On smplayer/umplayer, change the video preferences and set the video output to "vaapi".

On Catalyst Control Center, there's an option that enables "tear-free" video playback, but it reduces the gaming performance to the refresh rate of your monitor (most cases 60Hz, which means in this case your games will have a maximum frame rate of 60FPS)...

Cheers

p.s.: xv video playback is old technology...
    Last edited by evolution; 13 June 2012, 07:21 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Working...
    X