Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support

Phoronix: Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support

The open-source R500 support from the Radeon driver, now includes TV-Out capabilities. Through a series of three commits this morning to the xf86-video-ati git tree, TV-Out support is now detected through the AtomBIOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, this is exactly what i wanted... only need to wait for them to add opengl performance that is almost equal to the closed source driver, and i'll be switching over.

Comment

So how do I go about installing this particular driver? I'm running Fedora 8 with an ati x1950pro agp.
      Previously, I ran ubuntu 7.10 and i was able to get the radeonHD driver via git. How would I get this driver via git on Fedora 8?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by LucasG15 View Post
        So how do I go about installing this particular driver? I'm running Fedora 8 with an ati x1950pro agp.
        Previously, I ran ubuntu 7.10 and i was able to get the radeonHD driver via git. How would I get this driver via git on Fedora 8?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty much the same installation steps... just use yum instead of apt-get for getting git and slight modifications to the names of the package dependencies. The same compilation steps should work.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X