Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feature To Wayland's Weston: A Clock

Phoronix: New Feature To Wayland's Weston: A Clock

If not being able to tell the time while running the reference Weston compositor held you back from experimenting with Wayland, fear not. Logging functionality for Weston was also merged...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've only been taught java, but can someone explain to me what this piece of code does (from the patch)?

+ clock->panel = panel;
    + panel->clock = clock;

Comment

Error in the text

Developer comes from Slovakia, not Slovenia.
      .sk = Slovakia
      .si = Slovenia

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
        I've only been taught java, but can someone explain to me what this piece of code does (from the patch)?

+ clock->panel = panel;
        + panel->clock = clock;
        AFAIK that's equivalent to clock.panel = panel; panel.clock = clock; in java. I suppose that just allows to easy reference the clock and the panel from each other. I don't know if that's what you wanted to know or if you already knew that, so sorry if I'm repeating something you already know.

Comment

slovenia != slovakia

oh michael, you gotta be kidding me.. being on your level you just cannot afford mixing slovakia and slovenia.. :-( j

Comment

Originally posted by jose1711 View Post
            oh michael, you gotta be kidding me.. being on your level you just cannot afford mixing slovakia and slovenia.. :-( j
            When looking at the WIkipedia page originally when tracing through his university it said Slovenia.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

this however speaks for itself: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.com...and.devel/3573

Comment

Pics people, pics.

The only wayland dev that publishes pics and videos from his work is Pekka.

I know its not their job but its good to see whats being implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post

+ clock->panel = panel;
                  + panel->clock = clock;
                  In this code, both clock and panel are pointers instead of local objects. (Type *Clock and *Panel instead of Clock and Panel).

In Java, every object is a pointer, so the language just hides that from you.

In C++, you have to dereference pointers to get to their contents. One of the common ways is to use -> instead of ., to access members of that class.

Comment

There's no way I'm buying it until it gets reversi.

Comment

Working...
                    X