X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
    Have you tried winepulse?

- Gilboa
    No, but I don't want to recompile the thing manually, as it could have problems whenever the issue is fixed and I decide to go back to RPM packages.

On the other hand, I just updated my PulseAudio from 1.1 to 2.0 and so far I don't hear any popping sounds during music playback. So maybe that part of the puzzle is fixed. Meanwhile Wine didn't break, still works good as before.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
      I think winepluse only exists in git of a developer atm, unless it has been merged with 1.5.6, it's only winealsa for now.

As for winealsa, currently for me does not work in combination with pulseaudio. I can kill pulseaudio, run wine just fine with sound, or have pulseaudio running and silent wine.
      Indeed. It does require manual compile, but in my experience, its well worth the effort.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        This. If Wine had support for PulseAudio, then I could finally listen to music outside of Wine that doesn't have popping sounds or horrible quality, since otherwise if I set my PA settings to give me that, Wine starts shrieking like a banshee...
        I have ran MS Train Simulator on Wine - the sound worked perfectly with PA. Don't know why other programs would cause problems - maybe because their sound is not in WAV format?

Comment

I don't play many games in wine but the few I do play have sound working well: Steam and Portal 2 with steam, Warcraft3, skyrim and when I tested Path of Exile it was ok too.
          In fact I had not a single problem with wine and pulseaudio not working together in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
          X