Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD R600g Still Tackling Hierarchical Z

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    I should create one similar for DOUBLE FANBOI, it suits you...

Now, where do you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by TemplarGR View Post

the point is:

mazumoto:"@TemplarGr: you didn't even look at the patch, did you ? It says:
    v3 fix random issue on r6xx/r7xx"

now you get HiZ for your hd3000 card for free and you still blame the opensource driver ?
    i already installed the 3,5 kernel and tested it and its "faster" what do you want more?

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    "really good news about improvements coming to the open source driver"

"you are betraying me, why don't you delay all the other improvements that are going on and fix my personal hardware first"

WTF...
    I am sorry if you are lacking the ability to understand that my hardware is 2 years older, and since it is only supported from the radeon driver from now on, it SHOULD be a priority, at least for AMD employees working on it... It is ok if for you this is ok, but for me, this kind of "attention" from AMD warrants an NVIDIA purchace next time...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    the point is:

mazumoto:"@TemplarGr: you didn't even look at the patch, did you ? It says:
    v3 fix random issue on r6xx/r7xx"

now you get HiZ for your hd3000 card for free and you still blame the opensource driver ?
    i already installed the 3,5 kernel and tested it and its "faster" what do you want more?
    "For free"? Seriously? And i thought i had payed for the hardware... And it didn't have a sticker "It only works for Windows" on the box...

When i see that Evergreen matures to OpenGL 3.0 first or gets Hyper-Z(a really important feature) first (not to mention other performance improvements etc) i feel cheated. It is like AMD showing us older generation users to buy newer cards.
    You're absolutely right. Do you know that my old ATI 7000 card doesn't support GL3 yet? I feel cheated. Why in the world are they working on evergreen hardware when they should be focusing on my r100 support?

*****RAGE*****

Not to mention the fact that you are blaming AMD for doing this work, when it was actually worked on by a Red Hat employee. So shouldn't you be pissed at Red Hat? Bad Red Hat, Bad! Stop working on drivers. Be more like Ubuntu and don't do any work on the underlying system!

And that's not even the dumbest part of your comments. I won't go on any further, because I'm sure you'll drag this out for days like any good troll.

It is ok if for you this is ok, but for me, this kind of "attention" from AMD warrants an NVIDIA purchace next time...
    Trust me, we are all looking forward to that day.

"For free"? Seriously? And i thought i had payed for the hardware... And it didn't have a sticker "It only works for Windows" on the box...
    But it didn't have a "Supports Linux 3.5" sticker either. Use it with whatever version of linux was around when you bought the card, and it works.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 06-06-2012 at 04:13 AM.

you buyed the hardware not the opensource radeon driver you also buyed the "catalyst" and you buyed 3-4 opensource devs from AMD.

but the point is the Radeon driver do have ~140 opensource devs

this means you payed maybe 1-2% of the radeon driver and you get 98% for free.

now what is more true you payed for the radeon driver 2% or you get it for free 98% ?

This is one of the rare times i want to complain to opensource devs, but i can't help it. While you have are gratitude for your work, there are some things that shouldn't be happening.

Why HD2000-4000 are second rate citizens? First AMD drops support in Catalyst for them. And while it would make sense to have a focused opensource driver for these generations to provide legacy support, it seems that the opensource driver makes a priority Evergreen and above generations too... A while ago it was the news that Evergreen would have official OpenGl 3.0 support on by default, earlier than the older generations(?), and now from what agd5f says:

[truncated because entire argument is BS]
    I'd like you to read two things here

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0_hyperz&num=1

http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

Do you happen to notice something? Oh what's that say? that pre-evergreen hardware has had Hyper-Z first, and that it's largely stabilized whereas Evergreen and above is still in heavy development? :shock: Could it be this man is either A. Trolling, or B. Hasn't the slightest clue what he's talking about because he clearly failed to do his research? :horror:

seriously though.. Quit trolling or at least do some research before you try doing so.

What about R500 Hi-Z instead? Any plan to enable it?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    What about R500 Hi-Z instead? Any plan to enable it?
    in my knowelege the HIZ engine in r500 do have bugs and need "application profiles" with dirty "hacks"

because of this its disabled.

r300 also need hacks ? How to enable hiz for default (for all apps)?
    Last edited by Tommy666; 06-06-2012 at 05:26 AM.