Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

It's now been four months since Linux Game Publishing saw its new CEO, but there's been no announcements since the decade-old company saw some new blood at the healm...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Still Silent On New Titles

It's now been four months since Linux Game Publishing saw its new CEO, but there's been no announcements since the decade-old company saw some new blood at the healm...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExMzQ
    I think you forgot about original LGP game and Desura:

Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

"LXF: Are you tempted to create an original game?

MS: We do have a couple of original game ideas, one of which is about half complete. It will be a fairly simple game to start off with – we're not a big-budget company. This is completely new, no one knows about this. It's very simple, it's based on Sudoku. But it's an entirely new take on the game. I can't go into details because it's still a few months away, but we're hoping we'll be able to get it out in the next six months."

"Besides porting, are we going to see any original LGP creations in the future?

Prior to my arrival at LGP, Michael had already started on one original creation – a puzzle game. I’m sure now that I’ve taken over the running of LGP, Michael will have more time on his hands to complete this, which will of course be published by LGP. We have a few other ideas between us and I’m very sure that in the future we’ll see several original LGP games."

Comment

I can think of only one word to describe this: pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
        I can think of only one word to describe this: pathetic.
        I think they have some problems.
        However, can you show me other company, which published 19 games for Linux?
        Last edited by gbudny; 05 June 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
          However, can you show me other company, which published 19 games for Linux?
          Wildfire Games?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            Wildfire Games?
            This is good joke:

A global group of volunteer game developers. Our projects are the Pyrogenesis 3D game engine and the game 0 A.D.

Comment

This is good joke
              Isn't Wildfire Games ask developers to port games to Linux for Humble Bundles?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                Isn't Wildfire Games ask developers to port games to Linux for Humble Bundles?
                No. That was Wolfire Games:

Wolfire Games is an independent video game studio that develops experimental games for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Comment

No. That was Wolfire Games:
                  http://www.wolfire.com/games
                  Oh, you are right. So, the "Wolfire Games" will be answer for this.

Comment

As Michael touched on, the problem with LGP is they compete with the Windows product, and always lose out on price and time. If they worked with the original publisher to supply and maintain a Linux port and share it with the Windows product (like what iD did with most of their Quake-based games, Q3 was a classic exception), it'd be win-win for everybody.

Comment

Working...
                    X