VAAPI support in XVBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAAPI support in XVBA

I know that the xvba-vaapi bridge had not be updated since last June (per GIT Log in freedesktop.org). Anyone can comment whether you are currently still using it? In what kind of application and GPU are you using?

With Chrome development choosing vaapi as the video acceleration layer someone from AMD should really take this up and make the UVD2 hardware useful in Linux. They could almost immediately gain traction with the large number of applications already supporting vaapi.

I have an AMD HTPC using an integrated HD4200, and after upgrading to Ubuntu Precise I found Ubuntu have packaged the VA-API wrapper - so I installed everything from the standard repos and XBMC seems to use it with no problems. Basically, fglrx started working for me just as AMD dropped support for the graphics on my motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
      I have an AMD HTPC using an integrated HD4200, and after upgrading to Ubuntu Precise I found Ubuntu have packaged the VA-API wrapper - so I installed everything from the standard repos and XBMC seems to use it with no problems. Basically, fglrx started working for me just as AMD dropped support for the graphics on my motherboard
      What catalyst version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by mikejuni View Post
        What catalyst version are you using?
        The Ubuntu-packaged 12.4 (fglrx 8.960), not the release version (not sure if they're much different)

Comment

Working...
        X